* A traditional Diablo estate remodeled in a beautiful setting among heritage oaks, pool and golf course. The owner has collected enough ornaments to decorate more than 20 Christmas trees, each with a different theme, plus has an extensive Dept 56 Christmas village, complete with skating pond and twinkling lights. The home also features lovely garlands and wreathes, a sophisticated media room with bar and wine cellar, a study with a cozy fireplace, golf trophies and much more. Visitors also may walk along the side yard to visit the cozy guest cottage.
* Another home features a life-size nativity scene and a beautiful entry to welcome visitors. The owners completely remodeled and landscaped two years ago, and their concern for detail is apparent. Enjoy the view of the garden from the French doors and notice the hand-carved fireplace in the family room and master bedroom. The kitchen was customized with entertaining in mind. The dining room is faux painted, and the home has an elegant staircase with a floral iron railing designed by the hostess, leading to a large master bedroom with a coffee bar.
* An elegant hilltop estate with a beautiful blend of family tradition and today's modern style. The original home has been expanded to 7,000 square feet of grandeur with soaring coffered ceilings, stunning views and endless opportunities for entertaining. The unending knot, one of the symbols of Buddhism, has been incorporated into the iron-work of the front door and the beautifully crafted stair rail. The added space includes a thoroughly modern kitchen, spacious family room and wrap around deck overlooking the hills of Blackhawk and Mount Diablo.
* An original 1917 Diablo country cottage has been completely restored. It is in a beautiful setting with large decks, a bridge over a running creek that connects to a guest cottage, a new pool, fireplace and an outdoor entertaining area. This wonderful home is warm, open and inviting, with large spacious rooms. The owner has collected American antiques for most of her life and her collection is displayed throughout the house. The large upstairs master bedroom, bath and workroom areas are decorated in colors of celadon green and white. Plus everything is decorated for the holidays.
* Beautiful views of Las Trampas, Diablo golf course and open space can be seen starting at the front porch of this lovely Diablo home, which was totally transformed by the visions and creativity of its owner and contractor into a calm, airy, light filled space. Adding crown moldings, raised coffered ceilings, Brazilian oak floors and new bathrooms, they created a charming house whose focus is a beautiful modern kitchen. A large red glass globe ornament is centered in the living room window, a 100-year-old treasure from France inherited from her grandmother. Many lovely wreaths and Christmas trees and much, much more decorate the home.
Holiday Home Tour
The fourth annual Danville-Alamo AAUW Holiday Home Tour will take place from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Friday, Dec. 12, and Saturday, Dec. 13. Tickets are $30 per person if postmarked by Dec. 5 and $35 thereafter or day of tour. Tickets for seniors 65 and older are $25. Purchase tickets by sending a self-addressed, stamped return business sized envelope along with a check payable to: Danville-Alamo AAUW to Danville-Alamo AAUW, 255 Morris Ranch Ct., Danville 94526. Tickets may also be purchased at Leku Eder on East Prospect Avenue in Danville.
This story contains 613 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.