Save Mount Diablo invites you to join them for a slide show presentation and Q&A to learn more about:
1. This spectacularly beautiful agricultural and open space area.
2. Plans for new parks and preserves.
3. The "players" (including you, the City of San Ramon , Contra Costa County , LAFCO, CCTA)
4. County and City Urban Limit Lines and Urban Growth Boundaries
5. Development applications
6. What you can do to help Save the Tassajara Valley
What: A Community Forum on Tassajara: Protecting the Valley, Saving our Quality of Life
When: Monday, June 28th, 2010 at 7 pm (ending at 8:30pm)
Where: San Ramon Library, Community Room, 100 Montgomery Street , San Ramon , CA 94583
The Planning Commission will vote to approve or not the change to San Ramon's Urban Growth Boundary (UBG) on Tuesday, June 29. Save Mt. Diablo and other environmental organizations don't want the UBG moved. The San Ramon City Council (all five of them) want to move it to Tassajara Road, or about 8 miles east of where it is now.
One Planning Commissioner is leaning against the move. If two of them vote against it, the Council won't be able to make the change in the General Plan. So the Council wants to change the way Planning Commissioners vote, even the 4/5 majority requirement was approved by voters in 1999 in Measure G.
If you want to hear Save Mount Diablo's perspective, this forum is a good opportunity to find out why they want to Save Tassajara Valley.