Within temperatures in the low 90s, Danville's Hot Summer Nights is sure to live up to its name. In preparation for the 17th annual hot rod and classic car show, several streets in downtown Danville will be closed from 2 p.m. through 10 p.m on Thursday, Aug. 18.
Streets affected include:
- Hartz Avenue from Hartz Way to Railroad Avenue;
- Prospect Avenue east and west of Hartz Avenue;
- Diablo Road from Front Street to Hartz Avenue;
- Linda Mesa from Diablo Road to Hartz Avenue and
- Church and School Streets will have limited closures near Hartz Avenue.
Town officials recommend that drivers looking to avoid the closures should use Railroad Avenue.
Earlier this week, maintenance crews completed work on Oak Hill Park's water feature and have since rep-opened it to the public.
A line break caused the temporary shutdown of the amenity, while crews searched for the source of the rupture. Once found, repairs were effected and the water feature was reopened to the public.