News

PG&E caps gas leak caused by construction mishap

A gas leak has been capped after a construction mishap ruptured a gas line in a residential Walnut Creek neighborhood Thursday morning, according to a PG&E spokeswoman.

Around 9 a.m., workers at a construction site on Castle Glen Road near Creekdale Road accidentally ripped a 1.5-inch service line out of a larger gas main, PG&E spokeswoman Tamar Sarkissian said.

PG&E workers were able to stop the flow of gas through the line around 11:20 a.m., she said.

The rupture has left three customers in the area without power, but no evacuations were ordered and no injuries were reported.

Repairs to the line should be completed by mid-afternoon, Sarkissian said.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Please share yours below.

Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.

Email:


Post a comment

Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online. Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information and opinion. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.

Name: *

Select your neighborhood or school community: *

Choose a category: *

Since this is the first comment on this story a new topic will also be started in Town Square! Please choose a category that best describes this story.

Comment: *

Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.

*Required Fields

November Ballot Prop 2 Devils or Angels in the Details?
By Tom Cushing | 2 comments | 943 views

Why we need the Water Bond
By Roz Rogoff | 13 comments | 863 views