The San Ramon Chamber of Commerce has announced the finalists for its 29th Annual Night of the Stars Community Awards.
The chamber will present five awards: Citizen of the Year, Business Person of the Year, Educator of the Year, Employee of the Year and the Green Company of the Year.
The finalists are:
Citizen of the Year Award
* Dall Barley - Member and Past Vice President, San Ramon Historic Foundation
* William Doerlich - Keller Williams
* Steve Renfro - San Ramon Valley Girls Athletic League President
Business Person of the Year
* Liz Claytor - President and CFO of Splash Swim School
* Ian Schuster - President and CMO of Schubros Brewery
* David Thompson - President and CEO of TeamLogic IT
Educator of the Year
* Jonathan Lui-Kwan - Past PTA President of Quail Run Elementary
* Rob Stockberger - San Ramon Valley Unified School District
* Nicholas Zefeldt - Live Oak Elementary School
Employee of the Year
* Cristene Burr - Executive Director at San Ramon Valley Education Foundation
* Janel Rupp - Outreach & Education Manager at Food Service Technology Center
* Sandra Ryan - Marketing Manager at San Ramon Regional Medical Center
Green Company of the Year
* San Ramon Valley Conference Center
* Whole Foods San Ramon
"The Community Awards recognize individuals in our community who strive to make a difference," said San Ramon Chamber of Commerce Chair, Rich Mendoza, Iron Oak Home Loans. "Although there can be only one winner in each category, a nomination is a significant recognition of achievement and dedication to the improvement of our community."
Terry Koehne, communications and community relations director at the San Ramon Valley Unified School District, will once again host the awards program.
The awards will be presented at the San Ramon Chamber of Commerce "A Night of Stars" on Dec. 5 at The Bridges Golf Club, 9000 S. Gale Ridge Road.
The event begins with networking at 5:30 p.m. Dinner follows at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are available through the Chamber of Commerce at $75 each or $600 for a table for eight. Tickets are limited and can be purchased here.
For questions or tickets, call Kathy Fanning at 242-0600 or email at kathy.fanning@SanRamon.org.