The San Ramon Chamber of Commerce will announce the winners of its business and community awards this Thursday evening during its 29th annual "A Night of the Stars" event.
"The community awards recognize individuals in our community who strive to make a difference," said San Ramon Chamber of Commerce Chair Rich Mendoza, of Iron Oak Home Loans. "Although there can be only one winner in each category, a nomination is a significant recognition of achievement and dedication to the improvement of our community."
The chamber will present five awards: Citizen of the Year, Business Person of the Year, Educator of the Year, Employee of the Year and the Green Company of the Year.
Terry Koehne, communications and community relations director at the San Ramon Valley Unified School District, will once again host the awards program.
The sold-out event begins Thursday at 5:30 p.m. with networking, followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m. -- all at The Bridges Golf Club, 9000 S. Gale Ridge Road in San Ramon.
This year's award finalists are:
Citizen of the Year Award
* Dall Barley - Member and Past Vice President, San Ramon Historic Foundation
* William Doerlich - Keller Williams
* Steve Renfro - San Ramon Valley Girls Athletic League President
Business Person of the Year
* Liz Claytor - President and CFO of Splash Swim School
* Ian Schuster - President and CMO of Schubros Brewery
* David Thompson - President and CEO of TeamLogic IT
Educator of the Year
* Jonathan Lui-Kwan - Past PTA President of Quail Run Elementary
* Rob Stockberger - San Ramon Valley Unified School District
* Nicholas Zefeldt - Live Oak Elementary School
Employee of the Year
* Cristene Burr - Executive Director at San Ramon Valley Education Foundation
* Janel Rupp - Outreach & Education Manager at Food Service Technology Center
* Sandra Ryan - Marketing Manager at San Ramon Regional Medical Center
Green Company of the Year
* San Ramon Valley Conference Center
* Whole Foods San Ramon
For more information, call Kathy Fanning at 242-0600 or email her at kathy.fanning@SanRamon.org.