The candidates and their listed occupations are as follows:
* Diane M. Barley, banker
* Bob Connelly, retired commercial banker
* Dennis Johnson, business owner
* Vicki Koc, community volunteer
* Karen McPherson, manager, telecommunications
* Steve Mick, retired university administrator
* Vishwas (Vish) More, retired chief engineer
* John W. Morrow, retired/engineer/manager
* Kevin G. Morrow, insurance professional
* Randy Nahas, engineer/property manager
* Karl K. Niyati, retired hospital administrator
* Joseph "Joe" A. Rubay, businessman
* Grace Schmidt, retired administrator
* Roger Smith, business/property owner
* Brad Stribling, retired electronics executive
* Brad Waite, CEO mortgage banker
In the March election, if incorporation passes, the two candidates with the most votes will serve four-year council terms; the three candidates with the next most votes will serve two-year terms. The council members will choose among themselves for the first mayor, which will be a rotating position.
The deadline to file papers to run for the position was Dec. 5, then Dec. 6-15 is the public review period for the candidates' statements of qualifications. On Dec. 11 the Secretary of State will conduct a drawing of the letters of the alphabet to determine the order in which candidates will appear on the ballot.
Write-in candidates can take out papers from Jan. 5-Feb. 17. Absentee voting will begin Feb. 2.
This story contains 247 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.