* Foster a Dream to provide support for its annual Winter Wonderland for Bay Area foster children
* Blue Star Moms to help pack and box care packages for soldiers
* San Ramon Rotary to help with sales in its Christmas tree lot for the education foundation
* VESTIA to intake and sort gifts for donation to families in crisis and to help more than 160 families with personal gift donations.
* Bay Area Crisis Nursery to help wrap holiday gifts
"Charity work is more important than ever this year due to the tough economy and higher demand for services that many organizations are experiencing," said Chapter President Sandy Hodges. "It's also very rewarding, and an ideal way to teach our daughters important values such as generosity, appreciation and compassion."
The Rolling Hills Chapter of NCL, begun in 2004, is organized for mothers of Alamo, Danville and San Ramon with daughters in grades 7-12. Members have volunteered more than 4,500 hours to the community so far this year.
This story contains 200 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.