The event was also the installation of the 2009 Board of Directors. County Supervisor Mary N. Piepho did the honors, adding some light touches to the event.
"Do you solemnly swear that if a seat on the board becomes vacant because a member gets elected to a higher office that you will not sell that seat?" she asked.
The board members for 2009 are:
• President Richard Wood (E-Paynow.com)
• Vice President A.J. Nisen (Bank of America Mortgages)
• Treasurer Bruce Marhenke (Alamo Communications)
• Secretary John Lineweaver (Stone Valley Center)
• Event Chairwoman Sharon Schuyler
• Membership Chairwoman Terri Silva (Room2Move Home Staging)
• Mixer Chairman Bill White (Allstate Insurance)
The crab feed was also a fundraiser for the Chamber's scholarship program, with drawings, a silent auction and a Super Bowl pool. Chairman Joe Combs reported on the scholarship program as well as recognizing the tree lighting committee.
"The scholarship program is, next to the tree lighting, the most effective thing we as a Chamber do," said Combs.
This story contains 228 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.