http://danvillesanramon.com/print/story/print/2009/04/24/end-of-the-line-in-san-ramon


DanvilleSanRamon.com

Living - April 24, 2009

End of the line in San Ramon

The San Ramon "gallows" turntable and engine house was photographed about 1913. San Ramon was the end of the San Ramon Branch Line of the Southern Pacific from 1891 to 1909. The building was placed on a 910-foot-long spur and served as an overnight garage for the engine. After the engineer carefully balanced the engine on the turntable, crew and volunteers pushed it around.

Comments

There are no comments yet for this post