* See Jane Run, the San Francisco-based athletic shoe and apparel retailer for women, opened its third Bay Area store at Blackhawk Plaza. This location caters to women of all ages, sizes and fitness levels with a wide selection of running shoes, apparel, training and events.
* Geoffrey Scott's downtown Danville location opened in 2007, and Danville resident Geoffrey Cooper has opened a larger fashion and jewelry boutique in Blackhawk. From luxury jewelry collections to True Religion denim, Geoffrey Scott offers shoppers popular designer brands.
* Salon Forty Sixty Two owners Chris and Denica Ruggieri of Danville just opened the first Dabble Cosmetics. This new concept beauty boutique provides makeup services, brow threading, waxing, eye lash application and makeup lessons and also carries popular makeup lines.
* Cartelligent is a car-buying service that helps customers find new vehicles and save the time of looking and negotiating. This new East Bay location occupies a 946-square-foot space, near Draeger's Market.
* Also, Dollhouse Lingerie is scheduled to open this summer, offering lingerie, day wear and lounge wear. Owners Danville residents Rick and Simran Brah see their town as a perfect demographic fit for their high-end collections.