More than a classroom situation, however, the program also assigns fieldwork, which brings the participants one-on-one with the activities and issues within the community. The class of 2009 is concentrating on the HEROES Project, a public awareness campaign that provides greater recognition to those who make a difference in youth's lives.
Currently, Leadership is seeking applicants for its 2009-10 program, which will begin in September. Contact Elaine Cortez Smith at 335-2554, or e-mail email@example.com for additional information. Applications are avaiable at www.leadershipsrv.org.
Completing the Leadership San Ramon Valley program on June 4 were:
* Natalie Alvanez, Director of Marketing & Membership, Tri-Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau
* Dall Barley, Board Member, San Ramon Historic Foundation
* Elaine Betts, Owner, Go Far Consulting
* Gina Channell-Allen, Publisher, Danville Weekly
* Jim Coleman, Retired/Danville Sycamore Rotary
* Jim Crocker, VP, CFO, Aspire Investments/Danville Rotary
* Will Doerlich, Broker-Associate, Windermere East Bay Realty
* Jeff Fippin, Associate Engineer, ENGEO Inc.
* Raj Gumber, Senior Environmental Chemist, Dublin San Ramon Services District
* Lani Ha, Financial Services Supervisor, Town of Danville
* Karen Horton, Volunteer, San Ramon Valley Council of PTAs
* Mike Howl, President, MAH Development Inc.
* Gary Jones, Executive Pastor, New Life Church
* Steve Kay, Allied Financial Services/Danville Rotary
* Natalie Kurtz, Fire Inspector, San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District
* Donna Maxwell, Community Volunteer
* Linda Mc Colgan, General Manager, New United Motor Manufacturing Inc.
* Karen McHenry-Smith, City of San Ramon
* Mike Picard, Battalion Chief, Operations, San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District
* Jeri Stegman, Director of Behavior Health, Gracer Medical Group
* Julie Vargas, Senior Administrative Analyst, City of San Ramon
* Steve Wilcox, Partner, Financial Advisor, Summit Financial Group/Danville Sycamore Rotary
* Mark Williams, Police Department, Town of Danville
* Tim White, Senior Vice President, Heritage Bank of Commerce