Let's rock let's roll

Original post made on May 4, 2008

Most if not all of the 55 local guitar students performing in this month's Rock 'n' Roll Recital X have never met the legendary man behind it.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:00 AM

Posted by Keith Willis
on May 4, 2008 at 4:50 pm

I so much enjoyed the story about "rock and roll" high school. What a great story. I applaude you!

Posted by Paul Woolley
a resident of another community
on Jan 17, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I remember the days of the 'ol "Rock n Roll Highschool". Farrow was a great teacher, he gave the students ownership of their education. I credit Monte Vista and many of their teachers and counselors with my eventual choice of career in the motion picture industry as Sr. VP of MGM International... In my opinion, Monte Vista was the best High School in the country in the 70's!

Posted by Matt Ginn
a resident of Monte Vista High School
on Jan 19, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Can anyone tell me the years Journey (et al) played??

Posted by Petra Leuver
on Jul 31, 2009 at 8:10 am

Journey played a couple of times betweem 1973 and 1976. It was a great time!

Posted by Eric Edward
a resident of Monte Vista High School
on May 15, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Happy to say I still see Chet and some of his students... what an influence!

Posted by Jennifer (Edwards) Abernethy
a resident of Monte Vista High School
on May 15, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Credit goes to Chet Farrow for putting me in front of the TV at the Rainbow Studio at MV in 80/81. Last week I did a spot for ABC with GMA's Tory Johnson..everyone said I was a natural..I smiled and remembered my days at MVHS! Thanks Chet!!

Posted by Steve Heyer
on Aug 25, 2014 at 11:54 pm

I was a student of Monte Vista, and took guitar lessons from Bruce Hock in the mid 70s. He and his band played at my wedding in 1982 at the sycamore clubhouse in Danville. 1972 I saw Journey play in the MV theater I was the long haired skinny guy at the front of the stage that was practically sitting in the right side speaker watching Neal Schon in his green jumpsuit playing a black Les Paul. I could not take my eyes off of him as his fingers ripped up and down the neck. That night changed my life forever. I went to my freinds house and bought his brothers black Les Paul copy and have never been without a guitar since. In 1984 I went to Hollywood and took a engineering course at The Institute of Audio Engineering. I am now a Camera Director For the CLUB in Las Vegas a music venue at the Cannery Casino. The acts are mostly bands that I grew up listening to in the 70s. I would love to Talk with Bruce if I can get in touch with him.