Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jan 2, 2009
Whose "Perspective?" WE R ALAMO, representing the majority of voters in the community of Alamo opposing incorporation, recommends a no-comment response to this preposterous "perspective";totally absent of content in dealing with the serious issues and consequences of incorporation facing voters on March 3. It speaks for itself, a model for the continued deception perpetrated on our community by proponents of AIM and the biased, irresponsible, press. VOTE NO ON MEASURE A and ignore the "RED HERRING" slate of gatekeeper wannabes for a fictional town council.
As we all know, Alamo is a very educated community. Reading Vicki Koc's bio, there is no mention of education. Does this canidate have a college degree? And if so, from what University?
Thanks for asking Louise about my education. As you mention Alamo has a high percentage of residents, nearly 64% as of the 2000 census, with bachelor degrees and higher. I do have a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from California State University East Bay (formerly Hayward)as noted on my campaign ballot statement.
Thank you for your response Vicki. Just trying to make an informed decision with my vote, since I am new to the area. One more question. You list no actual work experiences or gainful employment, only volunteer efforts. Have you ever actually had a paying job? If so, what was that work experience. It appears you have simply been a volunteer; while other canidates have held prestigous positions and have real work experience. As a lifetime female wage earner, there is a big difference between a paid employee and a volunteer in my mind.
Vicki Koc appears to be the only candidate, of the 16 running, that lists no actual work experiences or gainful employment/career. In Vicki's bio she lists "President and founder of the incorporation proponents." In my mind, that makes her a key player in this process and in this election. Also, when asked about her career, I get no response. Her bio states that she is married. Maybe the husband that has provided her support, and may therefore have a career, should be running? Any election becomes a matter of weighing résumés. Lets see, we have 1 candidate with absolutely no gainful work experience outside the home and we have 15 very qualified candidates with prestigious careers:
1. A Mortgage Banking president, 2. A retired electronics executive with an MBA from Stanford. 3. A finance and management business owner, 4. A staff employee for public officials, including field representative in the 10th Congressional District and for supervisors in Marin and Santa Clara counties with an master's in community organization and social planning, 5. A real estate appraiser and former CPA, 6.A retired Kaiser Hospital financial administrator, former UC instructor, and restaurant owner 7. An insurance agent 8. A US Naval Academy at Annapolis grad who served in 2 wars and worked for U.S. Steel, Standard Oil of Ohio and British Petroleum, and owned two small businesses 9. A retired engineer/manager at Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory and at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, and was president and financial budget chairman of the Board of Governors of California Community Colleges 10. A retired computer specialist from Livermore Laboratory 11. A National Zoning Manager in Telecommunications 12. A commercial developer 13. A retired commercial banker 14. A personal banker 15. A property manager, general contractor, real estate broker and realtor.
What makes her qualified to govern us and determine laws, which may affect every aspect of our lives when she has so little life experience?
Experience never exists in isolation; it is always a factor that coexists with temperament, training, background, gainful work and a host of other factors.
If Vicki has no experience of business do I want her cutting her teeth with my tax dollars. At the end of the day, a volunteer has no real accountability or responsibility, especially fiduciary responsibility. As a result the taxpayer is going to pay for training courses in "marketing and business" for Vicki.
Come on Vicki. Answer my questions. Have you ever been gainfully employed outside the home - when/where/what? Seems like a reasonable question! You answered my last question - above, in just 5 hours. Is this a sore spot for you? If you are unable to respond to the voters needs and questions as a candidate, during a campaign, then how will you be able to take the heat of an elected position and respond to the citizens of Alamo?
Vicki needs to develop a web-site. I have no idea who she is.
Does anyone know if Vicki is a democrat or a republican? This is important to know for the voting in March.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: *
- San Ramon
- Walnut Creek
- Alamo Elementary School
- Charlotte Wood Middle School
- Del Amigo Continuation High School
- Diablo Vista Middle School
- Green Valley Elementary School
- Greenbrook Elementary School
- John Baldwin Elementary School
- Los Cerros Middle School
- Montair Elementary School
- Monte Vista High School
- Rancho Romero Elementary School
- San Ramon Valley High School
- Stone Valley Middle School
- Sycamore Valley Elementary School
- Tassajara Hills Elementary School
- Venture Independent Study School
- Vista Grande Elementary School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
The Cleric and the clerk*
By Tom Cushing | 18 comments | 685 views
The Arts and Critical Thinking
By Roz Rogoff | 7 comments | 493 views
Prosperity problems in the Bay Area
By Tim Hunt | 5 comments | 452 views
Home & Real Estate
Send News Tips
© 2015 DanvilleSanRamon.com
All rights reserved.