Campaign sticker placed in Danville post office

Original post made on Apr 10, 2009

Election fervor over the upcoming May 5 Measure C Parcel tax vote is rising, which may have led one person to post a bumper sticker opposing the measure inside a Danville branch of the U.S. Postal Service.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, April 10, 2009, 4:08 PM

Posted by Community courtesy, a resident of another community
on Apr 10, 2009 at 7:29 pm

Dear Dolores and SRVUSD neighbors,

Please help us all in making sure our neighbors understand the issues of Measure C and do not let the matter of communities' children education become an angry political contest. A majority of neighbors throughout the corridor are studying ample information at the SRVUSD website and making considered positions.

We do not need another "sign-gate" or any other emotional distraction from this very important consideration. We want people to vote responsibly as their own choice and respect every vote for its consideration.

It is choice and not influence that should be our goal,

Hal, as a community courtesy

Posted by Maxwell, a resident of San Ramon Valley High School
on Apr 10, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Hal,

I agree that people should vote based on thinking about the issue, and not just listening to what someone else says on a sign, sticker, or pamphlet.

However, I am biased as I am a senior at SRVHS, and have very much enjoyed my public education experience in the San Ramon Valley. These schools have taught me not just book-based knowledge, but life lessons pertaining to how to work with others, deal with authority, and better myself.

I think that people should think about the issue, but the topic needs to be debated and questions need to be asked. The better we understand what measure C is about, the more informed we are when we cast our vote. Don't simply vote against something because it is a "tax" and don't vote FOR something SIMPLY based on the fact that "education" is in the name.

Posted by Hal Bailey, a resident of another community
on Apr 11, 2009 at 7:00 am

Dear Dolores,

To Maxwell's point, let's be informed voters. The SRVUSD website contains detailed presentation of budgets as sources and uses of funds statements with narrative to describe such usage. If questions remain, voters should attend an informational discussion at Stone Valley School, Alamo, April 16th at 7:30PM. The Superintendent will be present to be challenged by questions and to answer each in-depth.

Politics in our area too often attempts to create ignorance among voters and anger toward campaign positions. Often disguised as voter education, half-truths, omissions, and misrepresentations have become the content of political campaigns. Thus, it becomes the individual voter's responsibility to be informed and to vote a well-studied position.

Hal

Posted by Alamo Ron, a resident of Alamo
on Apr 13, 2009 at 6:28 pm

LWF!

Posted by Rick, a resident of Danville
on Apr 28, 2009 at 6:11 pm

I keep having my comments erased. I'm sorry my opinions are too real for people to take. Your censorship won't stop me. I went to los cerros and monte vista. I'm 27 and I think 75% of the teachers were total losers. I remember my math teacher used to flirt with the 8th grade girls and hide behind the projector screen like a 4 year old. We don't need more money. We need less teachers. When my parents went to school, there were fifty to ninety kids per class, and they learned more. Why? Because everyone shut up and listened. We need discipline in the class. One way to break down discipline is to amp the kids up on sugar. We should not have candy and sodas sold in schools. The teachers unions fought getting rid of jumk food in schools because they want to tax it to give the money "to the schools," ie: to them. They don't give a damn about the kids. Their demands for smaller class sizes is because that means we have to hire more teachers. By the way, we already have plenty of money being sucked from our property taxes to go to our schools. The problem is, we don't spend it on our kids. We send it to Oakland and Richmond, on bilingual education for illegal immigrants and group home kids who murder our children (Rylan Fuchs.) No doubt, 90% of the extra money that they wish to take from us through prop C will within a few years be allotted to other schools.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.