Safeway purse snatcher nabbed by cops

Original post made on May 18, 2009

Two men are being held in connection with the theft of a purse from an elderly woman shopping at the Safeway store on Camino Tassajara.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, May 17, 2009, 11:28 PM

Posted by Rick, a resident of Danville
on May 18, 2009 at 9:13 am

Mugging old women? Do we even live in Danville anymore? Should we just call it the hood? Someone needs to clean up this town

Posted by Rick, a resident of Danville
on May 18, 2009 at 9:20 am

It's interesting, but I never heard the phenotype mentioned of Rylan Fuch's suspected murderer...

Posted by Rick, a resident of Danville
on May 18, 2009 at 9:22 am

And Barajas?

Posted by Rick, a resident of Danville
on May 18, 2009 at 9:23 am

The Danville Weekly shall soon have their comeuppance...

Posted by Julia, a resident of Alamo
on May 18, 2009 at 10:42 am

Hey, Rick...you should get your thoughts all down and say it in one sentence. Sounds like your mind was running wild and your fingers couldn't keep up. By the way, you first comment is way off...obviously you have never be mugged and/or robbed at gun point. Having your purse removed from the shopping cart is not a mugging. Think before you open your mouth.

Posted by Rick, a resident of Danville
on May 18, 2009 at 11:07 am

Julia, you are so right to be furious with me that I didn't get the semantics of mugging. I am so deeply sorry that my word use concerning mugging was off. How ever will you forgive me? How will I ever get right in the eyes of God? My opponents on this Danville Weekly blog all know how to get furious over splitting-hairs, but never do they get perturbed that our town is spiraling down the gutter. God bless Rylan Fuchs.

Posted by Rick, a resident of Danville
on May 18, 2009 at 11:08 am

PS: I've been mugged twice, in Hayward and in Oakland. The second time I was strapped. [Portion removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language]

Posted by Hoot Smalley, a resident of Danville
on May 18, 2009 at 3:38 pm

I know this is California and all but the police "began a canvass of the area, looking for a PERSON missing a purse"?? Why not just write "a female missing a purse"? Exactly how many men did the police question as to whether they were missing a purse?

Apparently, lawmakers in California are not as creative as those in my home state. This type of crime is called (I'm not making this up) "theft by snatching".

Posted by Duffy, a resident of Danville
on May 20, 2009 at 10:11 am

Were the perps "Little Green Men" ?

Posted by Jonathan, a resident of Danville
on Jul 12, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Danville is a fine community. I love it here. It is like a bubble and that is why I moved here. Crime does, however, happen anywhere and everywhere. Some teenagers threw a rock through one of my windows one night on a vandalism spree. Can you believe those hooligans? The dopers were caught and smoking pot, so they were arrested (thank god), but people do stupid things no matter where you are. The fact that there was a snatching of a purse at a Safeway, does not make me think for one moment that we live in "the hood". That sounds like a comment from someone who has lived hear their whole life and has a case of agoraphobia running in their family. If you are to scared to leave your house in fear of having your purse snatched, Rick, perhaps you should stay in there all of the time and use the internet to have things delivered to you for the rest of your life. That way no one can ever snatch your purse.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.