Not forgotten

Original post made on Jul 24, 2009

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, July 24, 2009, 12:00 AM

Posted by paulina wszolek
on Jul 24, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Ron and Karen are two of the strongest, most thoughtful people i have ever had the pleasure of meeting and i love them with all of my heart. Rylan was an amazing person, friend, and boyfriend because of how they raised him. This foundation will hopefully open up the eyes of teens all around and like karen said, if Rylan's death can help impact the lives of one teenager then it will have meant something. Rylan will never be forgotten. I love him

Posted by Rick
on Jul 27, 2009 at 8:58 am

God bless Rylan's mother and step-father. And God bless their mission to clean up our kids. However, Rylan wasn't murdered because of pot. Pot's been going on for decades in this area with no homicides. No, Rylan died because we brought murderers into this town. And this murderer did not just roll himself over the hill from Richmond and Oakland. We brought him in via a group home. The ghetto was kept away from our kids and our kids were relatively safe, until the ghetto was brought into our community.

Posted by Marie
on Jul 27, 2009 at 10:09 am

This was a very interesting story.

First, God bless this family. There are lots of rumors going around and I have heard that this family has had its share of tragedies. It is amazing that these parents don't just give up. They are so strong and I admire their fight to help others.

When we first moved to this area, the first thing we realized is that kids don't have any place to go or anything to do at night. So they end up making bad choices by vandalizing, fighting, etc. I always knew that when my children were older, I would have to create something and some place for these kids. I hope that Williams and Harmon are successfully in starting a teen center and all of the other things they hope to do for our kids and our town. Thank you Karen Williams and Ron Harmon!

I will look into how I can help. It may not be financially, but I will get involved and I hope that many here in Danville will do the same.

Posted by Anonymous
a resident of Greenbrook Elementary School
on Aug 14, 2009 at 11:14 pm

We miss you Rylan, never will we forget you buddy.

Posted by anonymous
on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:20 am

What is the story with the suspect? Has the kid they arrested gone to court? I hate that there is never any floowo up on stories.

Posted by Dolores Fox Ciardelli
on Aug 27, 2009 at 8:42 pm

We just ran a follow-up. It's on the homepage right now with the headline: "Released murder suspect back in custody."

Dolores, Editor