Mothers of invention

Original post made on Sep 11, 2009

Michele Wong didn't like the mess when Courtney, 3, maneuvered her veggies around her plate with an unsteady spoon all the way to the edge and down to the floor. Meanwhile Paige Akabane saw her little guy, Kai, becoming frustrated because he wasn't as adept at using silverware as his older sister.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, September 11, 2009, 12:00 AM

Posted by Faye Whitacre
a resident of another community
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:20 pm

I love the fact that these are two, obviously very busy, moms that saw a need for their children and made it happen. 2 of my 3 kids have used the "My Plate-mate", it's so wonderful that something so simple can help them be more independent (and make mom so happy!).

Posted by Rhonda Grimes
a resident of another community
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:39 pm

I cant wait to get one for my little man (19 mos). Thanks Faye for the heads up.

Posted by heidi
a resident of another community
on Sep 11, 2009 at 4:07 pm

That is so great. I am going to look for my plate mate for my little one!! Way to go ladies!!!

Posted by Hal Bailey
on Sep 17, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Dear Dolores,

PLEASE tell me that these ladies patented and trademarked their "apparatus" because they can expect copies as soon as volume occurs.

Hal

Posted by roland
on Oct 3, 2009 at 8:43 am

THE PLATE-MATE has been a salvation for my 90 year old blind mother she is able to eat more and leave less on the table

Roland

Posted by Ann
on Oct 13, 2009 at 9:41 pm

I know one the My Plate-Mate gals and love their product. And "yes" they have patented their product.