Purse snatched from Costco cart, woman gives chase

Original post made on Dec 11, 2009

A 46-year-old Danville woman gave chase to two men who grabbed her purse out of her cart in the Costco parking lot shortly after 2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 8, while she was unloading her groceries.
She chased them east on Fosteria Way toward the the Iron Horse Trail and lost them in the nearby apartment complex.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, December 11, 2009, 5:28 PM

Posted by L Peters
a resident of Blackhawk
on Dec 14, 2009 at 6:43 am

No description of the robbers?? Why?

Posted by Bill
on Dec 14, 2009 at 7:03 am

No description, you know the reason!

Posted by gilmartin
a resident of Blackhawk
on Dec 14, 2009 at 8:20 am

Is that Bill froM A&M Realty

Posted by BettyB
on Dec 14, 2009 at 8:47 am

Funny how we know the name, sex, and even the age of the person who was robbed, but there is no description of the two people who snached her purse. Let's build a few more apartment complexes in Danville.

Posted by Lucy
on Dec 14, 2009 at 9:06 am

Don't leave your purse in your cart. Period.

Posted by Dick P
on Dec 14, 2009 at 9:26 am

I agree with Betty. Clearly the reason for this and other heinous crimes against good valued people and private property is low-income infiltrators jealous of our station in life so they try to take it by FORCE. We should demolish all apartments and cheap houses that were bought by people who got them before prices got high in the 90s. This is what Danville needs right now.

Posted by Lisa
on Dec 14, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Lucy, thank you! What a simple solution.

Considering the comments of Dick (who might as well be Rick/Gunslinger .45) and Betty B. I can see why we in this area have the reputation for being arrogant and self entitled. What a shame.

Posted by Rick
on Dec 14, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Listen, I'm still not entirely convinced Dick P isn't making parody. I had a guy attacking me before who called himself Dick (cuz I'm Rick). His attacks were in the form of parody which hyperbolized things I would generally say. Dick P comments have an air of sarcasm to them.

But we all know why this area is seeing crime. We know who's doing it on average. We know where the media stands... and it's not with us

Posted by Julia
on Dec 14, 2009 at 4:56 pm

My, My, My...Dolores, I can't believe your comment. She turned back around and there were two gentleman...WOW really two gentlaman. A gentleman is a man who is honorable and well-bred and of fine feelings or instincts, shown by behavior and consideration for others...is that what you think these low life's are...Dolores? Don't be afraid to steak the truth...I'm really sorry to see the way the media is so tough tied.

The Danville Weekly lost a little respect today...

Thanks, Julia...By the way, If they try that shxx with me, the San Ramon PD would calling the mortuary.

Posted by Citizen Paine
on Dec 14, 2009 at 5:47 pm

Um, Julia?

The offending phrase was contained within quotation marks, meaning they were a verbatim transcription of what the officer said. If you have a beef, it's with him.

But was she loading or unloading the groceries? And do you have a huge gun?

Posted by Rick
on Dec 14, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Lisa, you're brilliant solution, while not being as extreme, is akin to someone saying "if you don't wanna get raped don't wear a short skirt." maybe we in Danville don't want our town turning into a bastion of distrust. And, it's funny what you said about entitlement, because that's what we here in Danville think about liberals, arrogant elitists who think they're entitled to money and other resources we earned and created

Posted by Diane
on Dec 14, 2009 at 8:32 pm

Rick, I think you are talking about Lucy's "brilliant solution." Maybe when throwing accusations around you should first check the name.

I agree completely that we should take responsibility for keeping valuables close - I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree with that and I didn't see Lucy (or Lisa for that matter) blaming the victim. It's a simple way to reduce your risk of becoming a victim of crime.

Posted by Lisa
on Dec 15, 2009 at 7:10 am

Rick is undoubtedly annoyed, thinking that he was the Rick I was referring to in my previous post (I was referring to the Rick that now goes as gunslinger, who I am pretty sure is a different person). I'm not personally offended in the least by his response, though I do find his analogy offensive.

Nope, I'm not going to blame this woman for her purse being stolen - I lost mine in a similar fashion several years ago, though I did not elect to chase the guy who ran off with it. I was more concerned about my own safety than the items in my purse. Had I kept it on my shoulder rather than in the shopping cart I highly doubt the opportunity would have been there for him to grab it.

I tend to be more careful around the holidays as there are many more distractions making it easier to lose track of your money/things. Besides, all those darn liberals and arrogant elitists are out in force, preying on our hard earned cash that we are entitled to...gotta keep your eyes on them every minute!

Posted by Greg
on Dec 15, 2009 at 9:09 am

All I want to know is what COLOR were they?

Oh........I think I know!!!!!!

Posted by Gunslinger .45
on Dec 15, 2009 at 9:46 am

I am gunslinger. I figured everyone knew that. I'll just go by that from now on. And I didn't say anyone was necessarily blaming the victim. I said that yours and Lucys solution was focusing more on the victims responsibility to protect themselves from criminals (which I agree with in many ways) but not on the fact that maybe we don't want to live in a town of criminality. Maybe we wanna be like the Canada Michael Moore holds so near and dear to his heart, where no one locks there door because they dare TRUST their neighbors, their community.

And stop saying we feel entitled you condescending snob. We actually earn our money out here, as opposed to the chronic welfare abusers of the urban bay area.

Posted by John
on Dec 15, 2009 at 3:25 pm

What the heck is the gunslinger smokin??????????????

Posted by Lisa
on Dec 15, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Well, there you go = you ARE the same Rick. Always such a charmer. Though Citizen Paine was kind enough to point that out when you first developed your new "personality, I thought I noted a bit less paranoia and fewer grammatical errors in "Rick" lately so I wasn't so sure.

Glad to see you commit yourself to just the one personality - those multiples can be hard to keep up with.

Signed: Lisa, the condescending snob.

Posted by Citizen Paine
on Dec 15, 2009 at 7:20 pm

I'm guessing that "DICK P" is "Rick Pshaw," as well. But he may really be a parody -- one can hope.

You read it here first!