Math teacher arrested for allegedly soliciting student for sex

Original post made on Jan 27, 2010

Police arrested a Heritage High School teacher on Friday on suspicion of soliciting a female student for sex, Brentwood police Lt. Tom Hansen said today.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 5:21 PM

Posted by Gunslinger
on Jan 27, 2010 at 4:14 am

Not surprising one bit. I wrote about my pervy math teacher a while ago when we were talking about prop C. This is not even remotely uncommon. I heard countless stories of the like, and saw it with my own two eyes. Yet another reason to not consider teachers to be automatically perfect. Purge the pervish and useless

Posted by Julia
on Jan 27, 2010 at 7:39 am

Hey Gunslinger...this one I'm on your side, if you'll have me.

Posted by klat_wols
a resident of Blackhawk
on Jan 27, 2010 at 11:33 am

If there is no unique insight please do not post stating what is obvious.

Posted by Shannon
a resident of another community
on Jan 27, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Really? Is this your pervy math teacher? I was a player for this coach and was in his classroom and coached alongside him through the years (over 14 years!!) and NEVER saw him be inappropriate. Yes, not all teachers are perfect, but what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty. His life is now ruined whether the allegations are true or not because his life revolves arounds kids (teacher and coach). I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I know that he is kind and honest and loves his family. By the way, he is an excellent math teacher and coach and now it'll be gone because of an allegation.

Posted by Chip
on Jan 28, 2010 at 8:01 am

Is this guy a member of N.A.M.B.L. A I think I met him at one of our meetings. Short Dumpy Guy , goes both ways

Posted by Dale
on Jan 28, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Uhhhh...everyone, listen to Shannon. It's a good question, "Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty?"" The tendency of people in our community to hunt and kill witches wears on one after awhile, and I'm sick of it.

Before we try this math teacher, let's at least wait to assimilate all of the facts surrounding this case (especially if you're part of the jury). Until then, consider that anyone of YOU could be accused of a horrible thing. Should that every happen, God forbid, I am sure that you'll appreciate being considered innocent until proven otherwise.

Posted by A Mathgeek
on Jan 28, 2010 at 8:50 pm

I wonder if he was simply explaining the integral of the base of natural logarithms raised to the x power.