This week's police log

Original post made on Mar 17, 2010

The Danville Police Department provides Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, March 15, 2010, 4:22 PM

Posted by Observer
on Mar 17, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Looks like the Town is trying to supplement its budget by having the police harass the pubic for all kind of minor offenses such as not wearing seat belts, minor malfunctions of lights, crossing the line on a dividing turn strip too soon, disabled persons forgetting to display the parking permission in the "right" place and the like. This kind of conduct should really be investigated by the Grand Jury today. If the cops don't have enough to do perhaps a few should be laid off.

Posted by Officer Krupke
on Mar 17, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Observer, the law is the law. I don't make the laws, I just enforce them. If you think that Danville cops are abusing or over-stepping their authorita, take your business someplace else, like Walnut Creek. I know I do.

Stay out of trouble.

Posted by tail light
on Mar 17, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Tonight I was stopped by the Danville police. I was shocked and surprised. I did not have a clue as to why I was being pulled over. The flashing lights and bright lights in my side and rear view mirror were quite intimidating. The officer asked me why I thought I was being pulled over. He then informed me that my rear tail light was out. After taking and running my driver license number through his computer, he came back and told me that I would need to promise to get the tail light repaired to avoid receiving a ticket this evening. I thanked him and promised that I would get it repaired.

Posted by Just wondering
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:45 am

Why is Alamo no longer included in the crime and incidents report?

Posted by Roundhouse Muley
on Mar 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Uhhhh....because Alamo has no crime and incidents??

Posted by Dolores Ciardelli
editor of Danville Express
on Mar 18, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Dolores Ciardelli is a registered user.

Dear Just Wondering,
When we first opened the Danville Weekly we were able to get the Alamo incident reports from the Valley Station at Alamo Plaza. Then they changed the system and we had to go to Martinez but we never had the staffing to be able to do that. Sorry.

Dolores/editor

Posted by Ray
on Mar 19, 2010 at 11:19 pm

We have way too many cops in our town wasting our money and wasting the public time with wasteful traffic stops and harassment. It keeps getting worse and worse. We keep getting more cops and cars and toys for them to play with on patrol. How can this be reversed to a reasonable level?