Readers Choice 2009

Original post made on Apr 3, 2010

Here's the best! in the Danville area as voted on by the readers of the Danville Weekly. A lot of people also e-mailed in good suggestions on what should be added, such as boating shop, kid-friendly restaurant, toy store, best steak, automotive shop, music class, church, school, carpenter/handyman, health care provider: chiropractor, medical doctor, physical therapist, massage therapist, CPA, auctioneer and catering. But wasn't the ballot long enough?

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, June 19, 2009, 12:00 AM

Posted by Roger
on Apr 3, 2010 at 9:14 am

I agree with most of the choices but the best kept secret in town is the old Danville Auto Parts store on San ramon valley Blvd.......not sure of the new name. I went in there for the first time a few weeks ago and was very surprised.......it is like a museum in there....they do just about everything. I have lived in town for 30 years and never set foot in that store. They have a hardware dept. that I never knew about......saved me from going to home depot. They do screen repairs there are all kinds of kritters running around as well as a friendly informative staff. I bought a headlight and windshield wipers and they even put the bulb in and put my wipers on for free.Great service and lots of fun. Check it out sometime.

Posted by Shirley
on Apr 3, 2010 at 11:14 am

Roger, you are so right. I have lived here for 17 years and had never been in that store either. I walk my dog past that store everyday and I too stopped in there and was welcomed by their Golden Retreiver. I spent about a half hour browsing around and happend to find light bulbs for my chandelier that I used to have to go to Walnut Creek for because nobody else has them. They have just about everything in there. You are right, it is a best kept secret.

Posted by Sandy
a resident of Blackhawk
on Apr 3, 2010 at 11:44 am

I always thought that was a car lot, I will have to check it out. Maybe they should have a category for "Danvilles Best Kept Secrets".

Posted by Amory Gutierrez, Danville Express
on Apr 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Sandy, Shirley and Roger,

Thank you for your suggestion on adding "Danville Best Kept Secret," you will see it on 2010's next Readers Choice coming soon! Keep reading!

Thanks,
Amory Gutierrez

Posted by Marie
on Apr 5, 2010 at 4:46 pm

How were these chosen? If one person emails a suggestion with no one else in that category voting, does that make it the best?

I agree with a few of these, but there are also a few that I know many people have complained about.

Posted by Ismar Sinkit
on May 19, 2010 at 10:06 am

Danville auto parts may have a good atmosphere, but I wouldn't recommend their screening dept. I took 2 screens there to be redone and neither one came back fitting my windows. I even gave them some of the supplies!! My husband picked them up and at the same time left another one there. My husband didn't want to go back and have them fix the other two(for some silly reason!!) so we just left the third one there. Now we have 3 windows without screens!

Posted by Ginger
on May 19, 2010 at 10:15 am

I don't agree with Pinkies being the best place for a pedicure. I had a gift certificate and when I went there, my friend and I were hurridly done. They did a super short leg message(5 min?)and when I asked about that and they said I had to pay more and there were 3 different pedicure prices. Mine was the cheapest so the leg massage was the shortest. Mine was $25.00 and that was not including tip. Plus the massage chair didn't even work well.