Settlement reached in suit involving Danville mom accused of spitting on student

Original post made by debra m., Blackhawk, on Apr 17, 2010

[Post removed due to possible copyright infringement]

Posted by Case Closed
on Apr 18, 2010 at 11:13 pm

The young girl that was spit upon has hopefully learned a very valuable life lesson. A civil suit that was a waste of time, and certainly not worth the effort, by any means. Everyone in the community already knew she was an extremely rude, mean-spirited, and obnoxious young girl, she only proved the point with the lawsuit. Case closed.

Posted by Laurie
on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:02 am

I live in the community, and don't know the girl at all. What I do know is that in spite of how a child acts, my responsibility as an adult (and parent) is to remember that I should act like an adult. Under no circumstances should I touch a child out of anger, and spitting on someone is beyond comprehension to me. I wouldn't spit on someone and the actions of another doesn't turn me in to someone who would.

The mom was out of line, regardless of what the child acted like.

Case closed.

Posted by SeriousTroubleMaker
a resident of Diablo Vista Middle School
on Apr 19, 2010 at 10:24 am

Obviously you don't know the young girl. Diablo Vista Middle School did not have the spine to expel her, even after numerous, numerous, numerous suspensions (perhaps because she was one of the few African-American students attending DVMS). The girl was not good for the school. She spent more than half her time in the administration office for serious behavior issues, she certainly was not obtaining an education at DVMS, other than how to play the system.

Someone out of frustration put an end to her unbridled behavior.

A lawsuit over some spit, my goodness.

We all know the story, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Good riddance!

Posted by sharon
a resident of San Ramon Valley High School
on Apr 20, 2010 at 6:54 am

Serious Troublemaker (interesting title you have there...), I agree with Laurie. Regardless of how someone else acts, I am a fully formed adult with impulse control. I don't spit on people and I find the idea that there are adults on this forum that condone spitting on a child downright scary.

Posted by Diane
on Apr 20, 2010 at 7:06 am

I think maybe the MOM learned the lesson! she is out some cash and has to take 16 anger management sessions. Apparently not everyone agrees that it is okay for a parent to spit on a kid. imagine that.

and, troublemaker - "good riddance!" seriously?!

Posted by 250bucks
a resident of Diablo Vista Middle School
on Apr 20, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Who ever heard of filing a lawsuit over someone getting spit upon? I have been spit on many times in my life. Never once have I filed a lawsuit. I hope that this nasty trouble-provoking girl does not spend all $250 in one place.

Posted by laurie
on Apr 20, 2010 at 3:09 pm

250 - You've been spit on many times??? Interesting....

Sharon and Diane - glad to have you as neighbors! I can't imagine spitting on anyone regardless of their behavior, especially a CHILD and no one can turn me in to a person who would.

Diane, to borrow your phrase....imagine that!

Posted by 250bucks
a resident of Diablo Vista Middle School
on Apr 20, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Yes, I work with troubled youth, "imagine that!"

Perhaps when your bubble bursts, you will then realize that frustrated people not only spit, slap, hit, bite, kick, but also use guns and shoot people dead.

Suing over some saliva spray, you have got to be close to mentally ill to pursue that legal path.

As we all know, this youth trouble maker was not even from the area, as she was utilizing an address to attend Diablo Vista. Furthermore, this obnoxious girl from outside our school district, using a provided home address, really just wanted to sue SRVUSD (imagine that!), but fortunatly she misssed the deep school district pockets, and had to settle for chump change to save face.

Adios amiga, have a nice life, somewhere else!

Posted by Self Defense
on Apr 20, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Spitting in self-defense is not against the law. However, spitting at someone without cause, although rarely if ever prosecuted, could result in a class 3 misdemeanor carrying a maximum fine of $500.

Therefore two-hundred and fifty bucks does sound about right.

Posted by jrm
a resident of Vista Grande Elementary School
on Apr 21, 2010 at 11:12 am

jrm is a registered user.

250 sounds a bit churlish. Chill out GF, your spandex is a bit too tight it seems.