Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jun 18, 2010
Did you actually read this release before you published it? After rereading the release, will you please answer why this county press release becomes important for your publication? Who actually is attempting to politically benefit from the release's publication?
What distraction does this provide EMC and its political alliances?
Ralph without ROFL
Please note this message posted to the wrong Forum exchange:
Posted by Paula, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, 3 hours ago
Please keep politics out of this. I suffered from whopping cough when I was in my teens during the 1960's and spread it to my father in his 50's at the time. It is a terrible illness that lasts for over a month and you have extreme bouts of coughing resulting in gasping for air until you feel like you will pass out. I was immunized as a child and still somehow contracted the disease.
Parents, don't underestimate whopping cough. You are unaware as to it's severity as it isn't a common illness. Get yourselves and your children immunized!
Could it be that this is a public service announcement to encourage parents 1) to get the vaccination for whooping cough for their children and 2) to be aware of potential cases of whooping cough?
As a mother of school age children, I appreciate this information.
And why is this NOT relevant to us? When parents choose not to vaccinate their children, incidences of this disease go up. I was sick for three months with it, not just one. Apparently many adults are getting it because the exact length of protection of the original vaccination is unknown. It is irritating that parents would choose to not vaccinate their children based on "politics" ? They endanger not only THEIR children but the rest of society. Yes leave politics out of it, and which EMC are you referring to? Web Link
please DO ADULTS need to get this protection also?
Here are the CDC recommendations regarding pertussis vaccinations:
"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."
Hey dude, get some help!!
The increase in general disease in California is cause by the mass influx of third worlders via illegal immigration. It's been going on for years. They've brought a rise iN TB and everything else we didn't have a problem with anymore. Gotta love open borders
Tensions are running high for basically a notice that whooping cough exists in our area.
1) Do your research about vaccines, and make sure you are making the best decision for your family and your community.
2) Get immunized. ADULTS ARE RECOMMENDED TO GET THIS AS WELL, as it does wear off and you need a booster.
3) Recognize what the danger is here. Its not just endangering yourself and your health, but the people around you who have not gotten the vaccines, or even people who have gotten it but their body did not accept the immunization, basically its "failure rate."
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: *
- San Ramon
- Walnut Creek
- Alamo Elementary School
- Charlotte Wood Middle School
- Del Amigo Continuation High School
- Diablo Vista Middle School
- Green Valley Elementary School
- Greenbrook Elementary School
- John Baldwin Elementary School
- Los Cerros Middle School
- Montair Elementary School
- Monte Vista High School
- Rancho Romero Elementary School
- San Ramon Valley High School
- Stone Valley Middle School
- Sycamore Valley Elementary School
- Tassajara Hills Elementary School
- Venture Independent Study School
- Vista Grande Elementary School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Hayward NAACP officials threaten blog posters
By Tim Hunt | 21 comments | 1,739 views
Not so speedy trial
By Roz Rogoff | 4 comments | 1,264 views
By Tom Cushing | 1 comment | 230 views
Home & Real Estate
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
© 2014 Danville Express
All rights reserved.