Getting high on nutmeg and mouth wash

Original post made on Aug 18, 2010

I never thought I'd one day Google-search "unusual ways to get high." And, having searched, I find myself reading a forum on DigitalGangster.com (I wish I were kidding, but this is an actual Web site). Recently, I've been doing a little bit of research on the most unusual and, admittedly, creative ways teenagers have been using accessible legal substances.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, January 9, 2009, 12:00 AM

Posted by your ma, a resident of Danville
on Aug 18, 2010 at 3:51 pm

This is pathetic.

I am a Dr in Biochemistry, i do not need to say much more (having tried nutmeg myself), apart from the rumour being complete hogwash (bollocks).

Posted by Daphne, a resident of Green Valley Elementary School
on Aug 18, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Banana skins. Dried and fried.

Posted by Hal, a resident of another community
on Aug 19, 2010 at 6:50 am

Dear Dolores,

This is not a story of any relevance or does it serve any informational need for regional readers. It appears to be an attempt to change the subject from important issues and events.

As neighborhoods commented over the last day, the concern for decline of information in this remnant of The Danville Weekly was quite small. Most neighbors are admitting that they are reading other sources for local information and news.

Let's invite your readership from The Danville Weekly to comment on this current publication.

Anyone?

halbailey@yahoo.com

Posted by Bainter the Painter, a resident of Alamo
on Aug 19, 2010 at 10:38 am

I get high on life...and painting.

Posted by Average teen, a resident of Alamo
on Apr 26, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I've never tried drinking mouthwash, I'll try that next time. Thanks!

Posted by cam, a resident of another community
on Mar 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm

ya go nutmeg sassafras root, and hops and bananapeels(bananodine) all mixed

Posted by tweewee, a resident of another community
on Jun 4, 2012 at 5:52 pm

stick with the herbal mon nothings better :]

Posted by cardinal, a resident of Diablo
on Jun 5, 2012 at 8:44 am

I recall that MY high school gym socks provoked many a swoon -- no Lysol required.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.