Wildfire near Mount Diablo 80 percent contained

Original post made on Aug 25, 2010

A wildfire that has burned 375 acres near Mount Diablo State Park in a rural area of Contra Costa County is 80 percent contained this morning, Cal Fire officials said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, August 25, 2010, 9:45 AM

Posted by Gwen
a resident of Diablo Vista Middle School
on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I hate that Mount Diablo caught fire again. I hope it's not like the one 30 odd years ago. We had lots of Racoons in our yard last night and I don't want anything else coming down the Mount.

Posted by Bainter the Painter
on Aug 25, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Miss Gwen, annomia in bowls with sponges make racooms stay away. Raccons hate the smell of amnonia. Racoones hate the color orange. Can I paint your house orange? That will keep the racoons from making you mad. I like orange.

Posted by Alex
a resident of Blackhawk
on Aug 26, 2010 at 8:41 am

Walking around the neighborhood with my 6 and 2 year old girls, just saw a Coyote crossing the street and heading to a nearby hill. What a sight! Got a video on my iPhone. Very cool, I don't think he noticed me but still...kind of scary. My 6 old start screaming look daddy, a wolf, a wolf!

Posted by Alex
a resident of Blackhawk
on Aug 26, 2010 at 8:44 am

Oh yeah, the relation to the article is that I believe he was running away from the fires? Watch out for food or small pets in your backyard!

Posted by Mrs. Jones
on Aug 27, 2010 at 8:00 pm

The Article lacks details, how did it start, contained does not mean out. Impact, what should we as neighbors expect from this fire. What type of injuries did our brave fire fighters contract. Do we get a follow-up story? Will this impact use of the park?