Simpkins gets started as Danville's new police chief

Original post made on Aug 31, 2010

To say that Danville's newest police chief is getting "settled" into his new role might not be the correct term. Just days on the job and Steve Simpkins has dealt with a few notable incidents that have kept him busy, but he appears to be handling it well.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 5:11 PM

Posted by jrm
a resident of Vista Grande Elementary School
on Aug 31, 2010 at 7:34 pm

jrm is a registered user.

I don't have an agenda here, I am just curious...how much does a chief of police managing a department of 30 in Danville make annually in total comp? Salary plus benefits...my apologies if I am being lazy and it is right on the town website somewhere...

Posted by just saying
on Aug 31, 2010 at 9:36 pm

You can go to the CC Times website to see what he makes. But, I can tell you this.. It's not even close to what the other Chief's in the surrounding others make. In fact, I would venture to say that he is probably the lowest paid Police Chief in the county although his job is just as demanding as the others.. Good luck Chief! We know you will do well.

Posted by Neighbor
on Sep 1, 2010 at 7:46 am

I don't think that many residents realize that the Town contracts with the Sheriff's Office to provide police services and that our "police officers" are actually deputy sheriffs and that our "chief of police" is a Sheriff's lieutenant. All of these folks, including the "chief," eventually rotate back to other assignments within the Sheriff's Department.

Posted by cardinal
a resident of Diablo
on Sep 2, 2010 at 8:05 am

Well, I certainly hope he retains the Police Academy.

Our seniors need something to occupy them in those vulnerable hours between the movie matinees and the early bird specials.

Posted by Jake
a resident of Stone Valley Middle School
on Sep 5, 2010 at 7:20 am

jrm ("Germ") does of course have an agenda - he looks for the downside of everything. He is a parasite on this site (and others) looking for angles to knock others down to help his campaign. He is the lowest life form in society. Nothing more than a cyber bully. A virtual sand kicker at the beach that barely survives in the real world. His avatar is a tough guy but without a keyboard to hide behind he is 100-pound weakling.

Posted by jrm
a resident of Vista Grande Elementary School
on Sep 6, 2010 at 1:51 am

jrm is a registered user.

Sorry Jayke to get you so riled up....perhaps I am exposing my age but what is an Avatar? Do I really need one to protect me from women like you? I never saw the movie...