Readers Choice 2011 Winners

Original post made on Sep 1, 2011

This year we held the second annual Readers Choice for everyone to vote for their favorite things in Danville and San Ramon. Before that, we held the contest for three years in the Danville Weekly. We always like to learn what places and services our readers choose. It's a good chance to hear about new things -- and to remember the old.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 2:07 PM

Posted by Derek
on Sep 1, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I have to strongly disagree with choices for best bike shop and best Chinese food. On the latter, your clueless diners easily picked the worst in Danville - not that there is any great Chinese food in the 680 corridor.
As for my two wheeled supplies, I'll stick with Danville Bikes at the north end of town. Unlike CA Peddler - which never fails to disappoint on just about everything I go in looking for (and like Pegasus, seems to cater exclusively to the large yuppie-spandex contingent found here), the less attractive, oft-cluttered Danville Bicycle almost always has what my family and I need even if the cleaning lady hasn't been around in a while.
Not bad on the rest of the list though!

Posted by KJ
on Sep 1, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Uncle Yu's best Chinese food in the area?? Not even close, unless the food has greatly improved. Our family ate at Uncle Yu's a few years ago and never want back. Highly recommend Three Brothers in San Ramon...

Posted by Susan
a resident of Blackhawk
on Sep 7, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Looks like some "best" choices were made by those who don't have much taste or are extremely frugal with their money. For instance, McCaulou's being best men's clothing, I don't think! Their quality and selection is awful. Try Patrick James or The Edge for some stylish well-made clothing. Also, try Akira for sushi and Japanese food. Those hole-in-the walls mentioned are not very good quality, but I guess if you have enough saki, anything tastes good.

Posted by Samantha
on Sep 8, 2011 at 4:55 pm

A hidden jewel among jewelry stores is definitely JEWELSMITHS
next to Crow Safeway. They recently relocated from Marketplace off Bollinger. See Jonathan for gorgeous designs and fair and honest pricing.

Posted by Ricky
on Sep 10, 2011 at 10:05 am

I totally agree with you on Shuz of Danville...The staff is the best in the business...Friendy & Attentive to the CUSTOMERS NEEDS! I would highly recommend this great shoe store to all my friends and family. Actually when I have family come into town this is one of our first stops.