Arrests made in Thursday armed robbery

Original post made on Oct 23, 2011

Danville Police have arrested two men in connection with an armed robbery Thursday night outside the McDonalds restaurant on Camino Tassajara. Danville residents Andrey Neshcheret, 23, Danville, and Jack Young, 18 are currently being held at the Martinez Detention Facility on $50,000 bail.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, October 23, 2011, 12:22 PM

Posted by Marie
on Oct 23, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Danville Police: Why don't we have an email/text system to inform residents in cases likes these? Many times, they jump a fence & hide in a backyard until they think they can get away. I heard the helicopters for hours & it was driving me crazy, if I knew this, I would have checked the open space behind my house & cul-de-sac, or at least kept my eyes open.

Posted by Ted
on Oct 24, 2011 at 9:06 am

I totally agree with the email/text notification as a way to let us know as we live across the street. What Danville police should do is sing up for the roughly $99 a month service and invite local residents to text something like "danvillepolice" to 87635 so when there is a local issue like this they simply send a text for be on the lookout as well as simply be informed about these incidents. Email is not good as cell phones. Danville Police should contact this local company and they can set the whole thing up for them. Web Link

Posted by Roger
on Oct 24, 2011 at 9:49 am

Actually there is a better way - This approach has been used by San Ramon Valley Fire District. They have been using Twitter for a long time. Danville Police can create a Twitter Account and use it to tweet any such activities - The benefit is that people will mobile devices with twitter app can get informed right away. All this comes as a zero cost to Danville Police.

Posted by Max
on Oct 24, 2011 at 9:21 pm

While everyone is figuring out how to get notified about things such as this may I congratulate the Danville Police Department for a job well done. The coordination between sheriff's department and Danville looks to be a superb job! Oh and thanks to our K9 hero as well.

Posted by Neighbor
on Oct 25, 2011 at 12:37 am

Other than the post above me, it seems that people fail to realize the hard work and effort put in by the Danville Police Department which allowed these criminals to be behind bars. I for one appreciate everything the police department has done for this town, as it allows us to be less concerned over the crime in this area and more concerned about our lives. Everyone should stop complaining at every little nook you find and start appreciating our police department.

Posted by razmatanian
on Oct 25, 2011 at 8:27 am

I agree with Max and Neighbor. The Danville police and Sheriff's department have always responded right away with courtesy and with professionalism whenever I have needed them. When I heard the helicopter overhead and the 7 police units rushing past, I knew it wasn't just to keep me awake.

Posted by Marie
on Oct 25, 2011 at 10:36 am

I didn't read any comments here that were "complaining" as "Neighbor" stated. I'm sure the comments above were to be helpful & informative. I certainly didn't mean anything negative with my comment. When I heard the noise in the air, I thought it was a small plane that was circling the area & wondering when they were going to move on & if we had a curfew for something like that. If I had known it was a police helicopter, I would not have been so annoyed.

Back to my original point, if Danville had a notification system, then residents could either prepare themselves for danger or help police by looking & listening.

I hope that the victim can find comfort that these criminals were caught. Good job to all involved.

Posted by Derek
on Oct 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I do have to say that compared to some cities where the cops are just incredibly lame, the current police force in our town has a very high success rate at finding the criminals.
Speaking of which.... does anyone know what happened last night (Tuesday) on Prospect just west of Railroad Ave? Back behind - and on the opposite side of the street from - the Railroad Museum area there were four police cars. The police log here doesn't go past Saturday.
More riff raff being dealt with?

Posted by Jan
a resident of Blackhawk
on Oct 28, 2011 at 9:00 am

I also was thinking that the comments weren't complaining... Just offering to help. We were out walking in the Blackhawk area when we noticed the heli circling. We were a bit anxious so headed home and locked up. It would be nice if citizens could be informed in a case like this, be on alert and maybe help out. Thanks for your service Danville Police. We of course appreciate you.

Posted by Bif
a resident of Los Cerros Middle School
on Nov 1, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Am I the only one who wonders if the costs of the K-9 unit and the helicopter could have been saved if the Danville Police had simply sent one officer around to guard the back door of McDonalds, to ensure that the robber didn't run out the back way when the police stormed the front door?

Do it right the first time. Just sayin'.