Assemblywoman sentenced to 3 years probation for shoplifting

Original post made on Jan 8, 2012

A state assemblywoman accused of shoplifting at a Neiman Marcus store in San Francisco's Union Square pleaded no contest today to a misdemeanor charge and was sentenced to three years probation.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, January 6, 2012, 4:55 PM

Posted by Bart, a resident of Alamo
on Jan 8, 2012 at 11:33 am

Can't make this stuff up. This nut job should resign, but you know she won't.
Benign brain tumor is about as believable as 24 hour colon cancer.
Hopefully Nordstrom and Macy's have the cameras on. This was not her first time..
Remember this thief when she runs for office again.(and keep one hand on your wallet)

Posted by LMP, a resident of Danville
on Jan 9, 2012 at 6:40 am

I'll bet there are some salesladies at Nordstrom Stoneridge that weren't at all surprised by this arrest.

Posted by Tami, a resident of Alamo
on Jan 9, 2012 at 9:29 am

Husband is a judge no less-that's comforting.

Posted by joe, a resident of Danville
on Jan 9, 2012 at 10:37 am

WOW - $2445 worth of stuff - I know Neiman Marcus has some nice expensive merchandise - this couldn't have been her first "haul". As a matter of fact, I feel that zit on my back acting up - time to go steal something

Posted by Doug, a resident of Blackhawk
on Jan 9, 2012 at 11:26 am

Hopefully voters will not elect her to another office. Why do I suspect that her health problems will be miraculously cured by the time she's ready to run again?

Posted by Bosco, a resident of Danville
on Jan 10, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Someone should check her closets to see what else she "forgot" to pay for.

Posted by Frankly , a resident of San Ramon
on Jan 12, 2012 at 6:27 am

Can you believe the duplicity of these people? They collect taxpayers money pretty much for accomplishing nothing, collect perks aplenty, and still want to rob from the town folk of the further sly. Then claim mental illness which caused the problem. Can you believe this systemic crapola?

All in the interest of advancing themselves at the citizen's expense!!!

Will the voting public remember????

Hells Bells, they vote back the same crapolaers all the time!!!!!!

Vote for integrity!! Vote for community dedicated persons!! Vote for courage!!

Posted by Julia, a resident of Alamo
on Jan 12, 2012 at 9:28 am

This is an insult to all of us. A Tumor that MAY have impacted her decision-making abilities. But, folks don't worry about her decision-making abilities in Sacramento...a miracle happened...the tumor is curable and treatable and will no longer impact her ability to do her job. I can not we the people of this crazy State of California are not demanding her immediate removal from public office.

The tumor in her empty head says, I'm bored, I think I will visit NM and grab a few things...Hey your honor, that wasn't me that was that darn other person running a round in my empty head. But I'm okay now, I took Tylenol and I feel great. After court I heading to Sacramento to vote for more taxes against the public.

Thanks for changing my Felony to a lesser crime...You judges are great...I am glad my husband wasn't my judge...He tells me to stop stealing all the time.

Oh well, back to work for the people.

This makes me sick, but what's new...they are all less than honorable in Sacramento.

Thanks for listening, Julia Pardini from Alamo

Posted by C. R. Mudgeon, a resident of Danville
on Jan 12, 2012 at 12:49 pm

My BS detector is ringing loudly on this one. A couple of comments:

- If you notice, Hayashi herself has never said she has a brain tumor. She let her lawyer say it. She herself has just referred to "my medical condition". My speculation is that she is leaving herself an "out", in case she has to retract in the future.

- The alleged tumor is supposedly being treated (or the symptoms being addressed) via "medication". It would be intersting for some enterprising reporter to ask her about the specific medication(s).

- Her claim is that her "condition" led her to walk out without paying, but she's never really explained how her condition led her to enter N-M's store and dressing room with an empty N-M shopping bag, which she then proceeded to load up with her shoplifted clothing. Seem's like a fairly-well pre-meditated plan....

- If the treatment for her "medical condition" is such that it leads her to commit such lapses of judgement or memory (accepting her explanation at face value), then it probably impairs her judgement so much that she should resign anyway, due to inability to fulfill the obligations of her office.

What a bunch of crooks! (Her, as well as the DA for going along with the sham, and also the judge presiding over her case.) Just my opinion, of course....

Posted by Pedal Power, a resident of Danville
on Jan 12, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Maybe it is because you get what you pay for. Stylin' in Sacto can't be cheap, maybe we should just up the minimum wage for assembly persons to something they can live on, like $500k/yr. PS - IF she does get re-elected, it will likely be because voters often check the box with the familiar name.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.