Burglars break into Dublin's new Target store, take $15,000 in merchandise

Original post made on Jan 23, 2012

Dublin police attempted to arrest three suspects in a high-speed chase on westbound I-580 early Thursday after they were spotted stealing merchandise from the newly-opened Target store at 2800 Dublin Boulevard

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, January 22, 2012, 5:00 PM

Posted by Jamison, a resident of San Ramon
on Jan 23, 2012 at 7:48 am

They were probably heading back to Oakland. When there is no description you can bet the perpetrators were "oppressed" minorities.

Posted by Derek, a resident of Danville
on Jan 23, 2012 at 10:55 am

Whatever their skin color may have been, I have to ask if $15,000 was worth a high speed chase that could have taken someone's life? Do Dublin cops think they are cowboys?
I don't like lowlifes from other areas (if they WERE from another area) thinking that Dublin, San Ramon, or Danville are easy pickin's, but it is not worth killing a non-involved third party for a notch in a belt.

Posted by jc, a resident of another community
on Jan 23, 2012 at 11:22 am

The solution should be to just shoot the tires out. No high speed chase, only the capture of a bunch of low life thugs.

Posted by mj, a resident of Danville
on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:40 am

I cannot believe how so many folks nowadays blame everything on Oakland ? or other towns ? do you realize that so called " Thugs " robbers etc can come from any town....do you not think Dublin, Danville, Blackhawk, San Ramon and other so called affluent communities have BAD folks wow ! get a grip on yourself so many people are feeling the problems with the economy stress, drugs, alcohol, any of these things can cause a person to snap ! but of course there are those who are low lifes and would steal from their own Mother again they could have been from any area !I grew up in Castro Valley great place to be...yet comments are always made cutting down that town too....I am glad I grew up where and when I did comments like the above ! just remind me of so many arrogant people out this way ..........bad people can come from anywhere !!!!

Posted by Book Reader, a resident of Danville
on Jan 24, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Jamison,

First: Ethnicity, poverty, and political disenfranchisement are separate yet intertwined, and extremely complex issues. What you do when you sardonically say '"oppressed" minorities' to further your agenda ignores their various causes, effects, and the relationships between them to such a degree it borders on absurdity. It's like calling your car "stupid" when it doesn't start.

Maybe try reading something about these issues before you close yourself off to the world entirely. Something NOT written by a talk radio host maybe? Here you go! Web Link

Second: I just want to break down what you're saying:

You're insinuating that the writer of this article, found on the Danville Weekly Online - clearly not a formidable, influential news source (no offense) - is part of a great Liberal They that is, for whatever reasons, covering up crimes committed by minorities while simultaneously reporting those crimes. Let that sink in for a second...

Now, I could find you the countless examples of national reporting that would prove that both a) there is no great Liberal They controlling the media, and b) crimes committed by whites (and against whites) especially privileged whites, get treated differently in the media than crimes committed by minorities - SO differently that you might even consider it "unfair", a word I know you probably love to toss around. But I won't. Because you sound insane.

Third: Stop being a racist, and get over yourself.

Posted by Jeff, a resident of Danville
on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Thank you mj and book reader of being part of the Danville community.

Posted by mj, a resident of Danville
on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:04 am

Jeff, You are more than welcome sometimes I do like to write comments on here . Folks again think all the criminals are from certain places ! not necessarily so ! Just because there may be more money out this way does not stop crime...in fact I think sometimes it can make it worse....we sadly had folks go to prison for stealing from a church ! and there are drugs all over the place. I am so glad my folks raised me the way they did as I consider myself to be an honest caring lady I try to treat others with respect...a word I think many know nothing about. Sorry I got carried away. Again than you for leaving the note Jeff. Have a great day. MJ

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.