50-acre grass fire contained, no structures damaged

Original post made on Jun 29, 2012

The fire, between Dougherty and Lawrence roads, was reported at 5:15 p.m., fire Chief Richard Price said. The fire was contained in about an hour and no structures were damaged.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, June 29, 2012, 9:11 AM

Posted by Derek
on Jun 29, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I know that grass fires are easier to contain than those in heavily wooded areas, but considering what's going on in Colorado we should all be very grateful for the fire department's quick response.

Posted by sponge bob roundpants
a resident of Diablo
on Jun 30, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Derek, it's their job. should I be grateful that you do your job?

If they weren't doing that (their job), they'd be playing basketball, lifting weights, playing HALO video game, or out checking out the Danville hotties, wasting diesel in the ladder truck (what? no multi-story buildings in Danville??).

Give it a rest already. Next thing you'll say is that they're heroes, right?

Posted by Patrick
a resident of Alamo Elementary School
on Jul 1, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Sponge Bob,

I always thank people for doing a good job. The waitress, the guy at the car wash, the guy who made my pizza. You don't sound like a very nice person. When people do a good job - even if it is their job - it's polite to say "thank you" or "good job." What made you so hateful?

Posted by Huh?
on Jul 2, 2012 at 6:52 am

What we should be grateful for is the fact that we have tax-funded fire services, so they don't stand around and watch the fires burn if the owner didn't pay his fire services bill.

Posted by Colin
on Jul 2, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Good to hear no damage was done - hopefully people don't go wild with setting off their own fireworks over the holiday and accidentally start more fires, especially with San Ramon not having a show this year.

Posted by Derek
on Jul 3, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Tell you what Sponge Bob Wet Pants, next time you insert yourself into some flaming brush I'll say "thanks" and send you a bottle of your fave whiskey.
I don't know about you, but my job doesn't save anyone's home, property, or life.

Posted by sponge bob roundpants
on Jul 5, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Derek, quite surfing the web and go polish that fire truck. As a fireman, you owe it to yourself to work for that quarter million a year.

And thanks, I'll put out my own fire. Half the time you guys don't respond for 20 minutes anyway.

Don't send me whiskey, that's flammable. You should know that.

Posted by Derek
on Jul 6, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Quarter million a year? They only pay me $8.52 and hour, and I have to clean up the dalmatian poop too. I'm asking for a raise.