Arnerich, other Tri-Valley mayors return from Washington meetings, inauguration

Original post made on Jan 23, 2013

Mayors from the Tri-Valley returned Tuesday from a five-day trip to Washington D.C. where they met with California legislators and several agency leaders to bid for more federal funding for an area-wide communications system and improvements to I-680, I-580 and Highway 84.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 11:33 AM

Posted by Gail
a resident of Diablo
on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I wonder if they partook of the 3000 calorie lunch which included bison and lobster. Wonder if Mooshelle who dictates we--the little ppl--eat grass clippings--had second servings for herself and the second tubby daughter?

Posted by JRM
a resident of Vista Grande Elementary School
on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Gail...

I can't even begin to describe how offensive your post is, "tubby"?

Posted by unincorporate Danville now
on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:58 pm

I am sure Obama was glad to hear Newell Anerich's report about how he is designating Danville's downtown as a priority development area for high density, low income, housing. Who paid for Newell's trip? I hope he enjoyed himself while the rest of Danville had to fight his draft General Plan.

Posted by cardinal
a resident of Diablo
on Jan 23, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Golly, Gail -- so sorry to hear you're in such sad straits, right here in Diablo! Please print your street address and I'll rush you over a nice, big ham sandwich.

Oh, wait -- that would make you a cannibal.

Posted by jrm
a resident of Vista Grande Elementary School
on Jan 31, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Mr. Mayor (perhaps Mr. Gillette)

What specifically was Newell advocating for in out behalf?

Just Curious what was on his lobhying list for funds...

Posted by jrm
a resident of Vista Grande Elementary School
on Jan 31, 2013 at 9:10 pm

pardon me...I meant "in OUR behalf"...and "lobbying list"...
I got a bit trigger happy with the submit icon.
so Sorry-

Posted by Geoff Gillette
on Feb 4, 2013 at 11:29 am

Geoff Gillette is a registered user.

Good morning,

@JRM – thanks for the question. Each year the mayors of the tri-valley cities make the trip to Washington D.C. to advocate for different projects and programs. This year, the mayors were looking at transportation related projects. Those most affecting Danville would be I-680 and the Iron Horse trail. There is an article about the mayor's trip on the Danville Today newsletter at Web Link.

If you have further questions about the trip, feel free to contact me.

Hope this helps.