Organic foods a favorite among healthy shoppers

Original post made on Jan 24, 2013

Organic foods have become a favorite among many shoppers who consider them more nutritious and healthy, with 40 studies published in the last six years that confirm savvy shoppers' opinion. The San Ramon Valley has a host of options for organic eats, from farmers markets to high-end supermarkets.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 1:56 PM

Posted by Julia
on Jan 24, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Folks you are being BS'ed...
But you love it anyway.
ORGANIC THIS...ORGANIC THAT...The best marketing tool to sway you naive folks.

When will you ever wake up.

Julia Pardini from Alamo...and yes thanks for listening even if you don't believe me.

Posted by Rachel C.
a resident of another community
on Jan 25, 2013 at 6:41 am

Marketing, you say? Here are a few interesting examples: Web Link

Web Link

Or on a slightly different note: who here thinks Vitamin Water is a healthy beverage, raise your hand? Coca-cola is defending a deceptive advertising lawsuit on that subject by claiming that you are an idiot. Web Link

You can put your hands down now.

Posted by Diane
on Jan 25, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I tend to eat organic, after being advised by my mother's oncologist that she felt it increased cancer risk. Frankly, I think the jury is still out on that, but I don't find it inconvenient since I get most produce from farmer's markets. I also find organic produce to be of higher quality than conventional most of the time. To each his own on this one - the majority of my diet is made up of fruit and vegetables, so I would likely be ingesting more chemicals than most people if I ate a lot of non-organic foods.

This is just my choice, and I don't think people who are eating non-organic foods are less intelligent or need to "wake up" and conform to my way of thinking. I do wonder if eating non-organic foods makes one arrogant and prone to bullying others.

Food for thought...

Posted by Rachel C.
a resident of another community
on Jan 25, 2013 at 3:06 pm

HA! SOMEbody's sleeping-off a certified nutrition-free lunch.

Posted by Danville Mom
on Jan 25, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Diane, you crack me up! You won't fit in here at all if you don't grow a huge ego and belittle anyone who doesn't agree with you though.

I agree on the organic preference. With the health issues present in migrant workers who work in non-organic fields vs. those who work in the organic fields, I tend to avoid foods with pesticides for my family. I avoid "whole paycheck" though. Trader Joe's has a nice selection of cheap organic produce.

Oddly, I don't feel the need to ridicule anyone that disagrees - what a concept!