24-year-old fatally injured in collision in Alamo Friday

Original post made on Apr 26, 2013

A 24-year-old Alamo resident was fatally injured in a solo vehicle collision just off of Interstate Highway 680. The driver of the vehicle struck a power pole on Stone Valley Road, near the intersection of Roundhill Road and died of his injuries at the scene.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, April 26, 2013, 9:33 AM

Posted by Resident, a resident of Alamo
on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:40 pm

It's a power pole, not telephone pole.

Posted by Bill, a resident of Danville
on Apr 27, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Resident,
Aren't most of the "utility" poles both? Power on top and telephone and cable under the power. So therefore Power pole, telephone pole and Cable TV pole would all be correct. It just wasn't a tree!

Posted by Susan, a resident of Danville
on Apr 27, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Come on, guys. A young man has died and left a family who loves him to grieve. Maybe we can stick with the topic?

My sincere condolences to this man's family.

Posted by Diane, a resident of Alamo
on Apr 29, 2013 at 6:26 am

1. Sympathy to the family in their time of grief.

2. To the author: It's a POLE, not a 'poll.' Our fabulous school system at work again.

Posted by Danville Mom, a resident of Monte Vista High School
on Apr 29, 2013 at 7:04 am

First, my deepest sympathy goes out to this family for their loss. God Bless.

Second, this will be the last time I read the Danville Express comments. It disgusts me, "Resident of Alamo Neighborhood" and "Bill". Shame on you both. Enough said.

Posted by Julia, a resident of Alamo
on Apr 29, 2013 at 9:27 am

First of all My sincere sympathy and condolences goes out to the Schramm family. And yes Pat Obrian he may have been over drinking or he may have been high on drugs. It wouldn't surprise me especially at 2:00am.

And yes the author of this article should brush up on his/her journalism abilities.

First of all Diana is correct...it was a POLE not a poll.

Secondly...Those poles are owned by PG&E. And as we all know, PG&E is a power company, not a telephone company and not a cable company.

So bottom-line Mr. Schramm lost control of his vehicle and struck a Power Pole.

That's all I have to say about this other than...Danville Express get your act together and organize your thoughts before you put them in writing.

Posted by jrm, a resident of Vista Grande Elementary School
on Apr 29, 2013 at 11:03 am

Marrushi...how incredibly callous. Not sure if you are a parent (hopefully not) but bear in mind the young man's parents got the knock at the door at 3:00 A.M. that all parents dread. This was a fine young man, I hope his parents realize the vast majority of us send our deepest sympathy in this terrible time and I hope they have the strength to ignore these disgraceful posts by some sick people.
Our community sends our love and support to the Schramm family.

Posted by Julia, a resident of Alamo
on Apr 29, 2013 at 11:05 am

I am ashamed this comment was posted by a person that claims he/she lives in Alamo.

Marrushi your comment is totally unappreciated. You may think there was some humor in your post...but think again.

Julia Pardini from Alamo

Posted by Aware, a resident of Danville
on Apr 29, 2013 at 11:10 am

Wow!! What difference does it make about any of the "STUFF: most in the above comments are worried about? Bottom line, a Mother and Father have lost a child, this is not the way life should go! Being in a family of Police Officers and first responders, the toll this type of thing has on them can be over whelming! Just think of being the one who had to tell the family. So, if it was speeding, alcohol or drugs maybe we as a community can work on helping everyone to make good choices, driving impaired or not!

Posted by Member, a resident of Rancho Romero Elementary School
on Apr 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

I knew this young man as a young child when he was a student at Rancho. A sweet young boy and a lovely family. I was shocked and saddened to read of this terrible accident. As a parent of 2 sons, I can relate to that phone call we all dread. So very sorry.

Posted by resident, a resident of Alamo
on Apr 29, 2013 at 11:33 am

My sincere condolences to the family. The actions/words from some people are so unbelievable and disgusting! The hearts of the people in the word are really diminishing.

Posted by resident, a resident of Alamo
on Apr 29, 2013 at 11:34 am

TYPO CORRECTION _ My sincere condolences to the family. The actions/words from some people are so unbelievable and disgusting! The hearts of the people in the WORLD are really diminishing.

Posted by Linda, a resident of Danville
on Apr 29, 2013 at 12:00 pm

My deepest and most sincere condolences to Will's family. Will has always been a great guy - I've known him through youth Sunday School at our Church. His family is stellar - very involved in the community and actively supporting all aspects of our Church as well. Blessings to the family. God surrounds you all as he brought Will home. You will all be united again through heaven. My Love to all of you. Linda S

Posted by mother of three, a resident of Alamo
on Apr 30, 2013 at 10:20 am

How can someone live after loosing their child? I am so sorry for their loss...
I am sure the kid just saw an animal on the road like a deer and tried to avoid it, didn't have to be drugs, also he could be just tired, not that it makes any difference, but it maybe true,

we all live in such a dangerous world...

Posted by Ron, a resident of Danville
on May 7, 2013 at 7:01 am

So sad to see another young person lost at such a young age. My condolences to the family.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.