D.A.: No charges to be filed against preschool teacher who tied up 2-year-old

Original post made on May 1, 2013

The teacher who taped a toddler at Centerpointe Christian Preschool in Pleasanton will not face criminal charges, a spokeswoman for the Alameda County District Attorney's Office said today. "We conducted a thorough review of the evidence presented and declined to file charges," said D.A.'s Office spokeswoman Teresa Drenick.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 4:45 PM

Posted by Bill
on May 1, 2013 at 7:12 am

Spare the rod, er tape, and spoil the child. Why am I not surprised this happened at a Christian pre-school? Very holy behavior.

Posted by Douglas
a resident of Blackhawk
on May 1, 2013 at 7:42 am

Bill - it has nothing to do with it being a Christian preschool. Prosecutors don't bring a case unless they feel confident they can win it. I am glad they are not wasting my tax dollars!

Posted by Rick Pshaw
on May 1, 2013 at 10:05 am

Guess it's now legal to tie kids up.

Posted by Julia
on May 1, 2013 at 10:30 am

Well Douglas...you are a sick individual...I wonder if it was your child being taped up how you would react. Maybe you tape up your own children if they misbehave

The teacher is a sicko and if it ever happened to my children or my grand children...beware teacher...

Julia Pardini from Alamo

Posted by Tracy
on May 1, 2013 at 10:48 am

I find it odd that the teacher would 1) keep that photo on her cell phone, and 2) lack insight regarding how inappropriate that act was to the point that she would show it to the mother. I guess it is lucky that she didn't try to hide it, but given her lack of judgment and abusive behaviors, I hope her name is "out there" enough that she won't get another job working with children.

Without a conviction, nothing is going to come up on a background check.

Posted by Douglas
a resident of Blackhawk
on May 1, 2013 at 11:32 am

Really, Julia? You want your tax dollars wasted on a case that prosecutors feel they can't win? The DA didn't say it wasn't wrong. It is just a matter of what the DA can prove. Maybe you need to go sit through a trial, no better yet, be on a jury and understand how the legal system works...

BTW, the legal system frowns upon citizens taking the law into their own hands, and you would end up in jail if you did anything. In addition, your post would make it premeditated!

Posted by Julia
on May 1, 2013 at 9:48 pm

@Douglas
You know it is all about a spirited debate, my post should not be taken literally. Apologies, I usually speak/type before I think and formulate a coherent response. Hence I find myself posting once and then disappearing from the thread asI have made a fool of myself.

Thanks for listening