Man exposing himself to female trail users in Walnut Creek area

Original post made on Jun 10, 2013

A man has exposed himself to women on the Iron Horse Regional Trail in the Walnut Creek area six times since March, and police are warning trail users to be alert.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, June 9, 2013, 1:35 AM

Posted by Ann, a resident of Danville
on Jun 10, 2013 at 7:38 am

What a loser. Why some men think ppl want to c their ugly parts is amazing. Ladies, carry some visible scissors with you.

Posted by Julia, a resident of Alamo
on Jun 10, 2013 at 10:09 am

Dear Ann, you sound like a MAN hater. "Their ugly parts" What an awful thing to say.

And then you add more abusive things like "Carry some visible scissors with you" I'm surprised you didn't suggest carrying hedge cutters or a battery operated chain saw.

My, My, My Ann, you are missing the beauty of the male body.

Just my opinion, Julia Pardini from Alamo

Posted by Marrushi, a resident of Alamo
on Jun 10, 2013 at 10:57 am

Valerie Solanas' "S.C.U.M. Manifesto (Society For Cutting Up Men":

"Life in this society being, at best, an utter bore and no aspect of society being at all relevant to women, there remains to civic-minded, responsible, thrill-seeking females only to overthrow the government, eliminate the money system, institute complete automation and destroy the male sex."

Posted by Dave, a resident of San Ramon
on Jun 10, 2013 at 11:17 am

WOW This thread sure went south in a hurry (pun intended). Ann, I know you've been told but here goes again. My ugly parts were given to me at birth. They are part of me as a person. Yours are on the inside. You had a 50/50 chance of being male or female. Would you hate yourself if you were? Anyway, this person should be caught tried and punished. I realize this is an especially sensitive subject and I would be furious if I saw something like this too. But lets not let this be an occasion to hate.
Now as far as Marrushi, that's just disturbing. "Institue complete automation" as in men are valuable and would somehow need to be replaced. Would your automation make a buzzing sound like most automation? Just asking?

Posted by Citizen Paine, a resident of Danville
on Jun 10, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Leave it to the ever-urbane and unflappable David Niven to rescue the thread: Web Link (sfw)

Regarding the sketch -- under these circumstances, is anybody really likely to have remembered this perp's Face?

Posted by Derek, a resident of Danville
on Jun 10, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Dont'cha ladies remember - you're supposed to use pinking shears like they taught you in home-ec class.

Seriously though, a pepper spray weighs 2 ounces. Get one if you jog alone in less-used areas.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.