Theft reports dominate weekly DPD call log

Original post made on Dec 9, 2013

The Danville Police Department provides the Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling from Nov. 24-30, omitting the more mundane.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, December 6, 2013, 1:40 PM

Posted by Ann, a resident of Danville
on Dec 9, 2013 at 6:56 am

My goodness such an increase in crime for Danville!! This will be nothing, City Council, when your ghettofied low low low income friends move in----as one resident suggested a while back we should welcome them with your addresses.

Posted by Voter, a resident of Danville
on Dec 9, 2013 at 7:20 am

As an example, compare San Ramon's crime before low, low income arrived and what it is now. The writing is on the wall. Don't ignore it.

Posted by Gee Mann, a resident of Danville
on Dec 9, 2013 at 8:21 am

Is anybody else sick-to-death of these tired, fearful bleatings from cloistered folks with more dollars than sense?

Let's say you've worked hard and earned your success -- did you really make all that effort so you can live in fear that somebody might take some of it? Buy insurance, get a dog, take reasonable precautions and Live Your Life!

Doomsday has been postponed indefinitely.

Posted by Julia, a resident of Alamo
on Dec 9, 2013 at 9:28 am

Gee Mann...it people like you that contribute to the problems. Buy insurance, what a low intelligent comment...Buy Insurance..I would suggest buying a bat and take it with when you go for a summer walk through Danville.

Remember the new game in town is "Knock Out". Maybe not yet but it coming..

And by the way I like Ann's comment....keep up the fight Ann, you know what it all about.

And Gee Mann. wake up..

Thanks for Listening Julia Pardini from Alamo

Posted by Get real, a resident of Danville
on Dec 9, 2013 at 10:37 am

Let's be clear. I'll go slow for the folks who move their lips when they read.

1. All housing must still meet town requirements and get planning commission and council approval.

2. Most of Danville's affordable housing is small in-law type apartments.

3. Crime in Danville and in San Ramon is among the lowest in the state.

4. There's been no increase in crime in San Ramon that can't be traced to opportunistic outsiders.

5. There's no link between affordable housing and increased crime.

All of this can backed up by anyone who can use a search engine, but please, don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion.

I understand. You're afraid. Change is scary, but there's no big bad wolf out there ready to blow your house down.

Posted by Thanks , a resident of Danville
on Dec 9, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Thanks Get Real- it is refreshing to see logic instead of crazy. I am more afraid of talking with that Julia lady and absorbing her negative undercurrent, than I ever have been of affordable housing and new people.

Posted by Gee Mann, a resident of Danville
on Dec 9, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Thanks, Julia, for endorsing my post. I will continue to work tirelessly to contribute to the problem.

BTW, I tried going for a walk with my bat, but I just kept tripping over things in the dark -- mostly dead crime victims. So I tried a different bat, but she raised a huge ruckus -- and now I'm not allowed in the Senior Center any more.

Posted by Louise, a resident of Danville
on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:36 am

This is from Associated Press, not an opinion. Property crime and auto theft increased in California after the state began releasing inmates early. This is according to an independent study of crime trends driven by the politically corect "REALIGNMENT" program to reduce prison populations.
About 18,000 have been released and more to come when the deadline in February arrives. This came from federal orders that went to Gov. Brown. Property crimes rose 8 Percent in California as it dropped in the nation. Ok fellow naysayers and utopians I guess we can still say it isn't happening here. Let's live in la-la land and don't lock your doors. I for one will lock mine.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.