Danville man allegedly pulls knife on police

Original post made on Dec 30, 2013

Town police arrested a Danville man on weapons charges for allegedly swinging a knife at officers after they tried handcuff him for driving under the influence on Christmas Eve.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, December 30, 2013, 6:13 PM

Posted by Anon, a resident of San Ramon
on Dec 30, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I'm unclear on why they were arresting him if he was alone and intoxicated in his home?

Posted by Bill, a resident of Danville
on Dec 31, 2013 at 6:45 am

This article makes no sense. Officers heard yelling coming from a residence when there was only one person there. They attempted to arrest him for being drunk in his home? The guy should have said from behind his door, "I don't answer questions." "Come back with your warrant."

Posted by Louise, a resident of Danville
on Dec 31, 2013 at 9:02 am

He was a suspect in a fight and they knew where he was. Then he pulled a knife on police officers when they went to his residence. What don't you get? It is unlawful to pull a knife on someone and then do it to cops is even a bigger offense. Why defend someone who clearly needed to be arrested. Another wonderful resident living in an area of Danville that has always been a little rough. If you don't believe me drive through the hood sometime. The police know what I'm talking about.

Posted by Julia, a resident of Alamo
on Dec 31, 2013 at 10:55 am

Louise...you are absolutely correct...Bill and Anon are not think correctly.

Those type people I hate to see on a jury...

Thanks for listening, Julia Pardini from Alamo

Posted by Ian, a resident of Danville
on Dec 31, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Call me strange, but there's something about a LE Officer with: A) gun, B) taser, C) pepper spray, and D) set of combat skills....all of which scream COMPLY!

Posted by If you know what I mean, a resident of Danville
on Jan 1, 2014 at 1:39 pm

So, if you drive through the neighborhood you see duplexes. And in those duplexes are people who pay a ton of rent to live there. I don't know why this community doesn't connect its alcohol and drug abuse problems to those on the west side, b-hawk, or Alamo. The people of south Danville aren't doing anything different than the rest of you, our houses and yards are just smaller. And your kids come to the IHT to buy drugs in our 'hood. Get off your high horse Louise.

Posted by Carrie, a resident of Danville
on Jan 2, 2014 at 1:29 am

I live in this same area and I've never found it to be rough. The article is fishy to me, as well. I am curious whether the police were invited into the house or not. If he was just in a fight and had injuries he could have feared for his safety hearing people come into his home. Who knows.

Posted by We make it easy, a resident of Danville
on Jan 2, 2014 at 9:10 am

For people outside of Danville to think we are snooty and disconnected. This area of Danville is beautiful & the people are nice. I grew up nearby & couldn't be more proud. This forum makes it easier for people to stand on a pedastool & conveniently erase their mistakes while casting stones on others. I'd rather be known as a nice town, get with it people.

Posted by Consider the Source.., a resident of Danville
on Jan 2, 2014 at 12:26 pm

It's quite obvious that reporter Jeremy Walsh did not report all the facts; and maybe all the facts were not available. Responsible journalism would consider the impact this story would have before releasing it in its current form. Informed readers should know better than to completely trust information that is assembled and distributed for free to an email list. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that many news stories that are published in this venue would not appear in our local newspaper. I realize it is what it is... Don't be lazy. You can did deeper if you want the answers and don't judge!

Posted by Loblolly, a resident of Alamo
on Jan 9, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I think this is ridiculous, I have a strong feeling the cops instigated the altercation much like the I young mentally ill boy who was shot earlier this week. I know that since it was related to and incident in public they can talk to him but to subdue the man at his home I'm pretty sure that would require a warrant if it was just a tip.. Is there a lawyer who can clear this up for me.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.