Endorsements continue for DeSaulnier in congressional run

Original post made on Feb 6, 2014

State Sen. Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) continues to rake in early endorsements for his second congressional bid, including one from the man he seeks to succeed.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 5:06 PM

Posted by Tony, a resident of Diablo
on Feb 6, 2014 at 9:07 am

"Progressive"! I am absolutely thrilled! That's just what we need, more of the same ol' one-party left-wing politics as usual which has put us in our sorry "State" of affairs.

Posted by Rick Pshaw, a resident of Danville
on Feb 6, 2014 at 10:15 am

MDS is the best politician money can buy.

Posted by C. R. Mudgeon, a resident of Danville
on Feb 6, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I appreciate seeing these articles on the various endorsements for DeSaulnier. They're very educational.

In some cases, my prior knowledge of the endorsers have convinced me that I should vote for DeSaulnier's opponent(s), whoever they end up being.

In other cases, where I didn't know as much about the endorser to begin with, the fact that they have so glowingly endorsed DeSaulnier has convinced me to never vote for the endorser.

Very valuable info! (And I'm only being half-facetious. It's always good to know who a candidate's political allies and supporters are.)

Posted by Derek, a resident of Danville
on Feb 6, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Then the three of you will probably be very disturbed by the fact that Debra Saunders, token right wing scribe for the SF Chronicle, offered a number of favorable quotes made by DeSaulnier last Sunday regarding Bay Bridge revamp problems. And if she likes him, your three heads must really be spinning.
The link to the article is here-
Web Link
I personally have no feelings for the guy one way or the other, but at least in this instance he seemed to have shown some drive to expose problems with construction defects and cost overruns.
And let's face it: If Jesus himself came back and declared he was running for office (trust me, it would not be as a repub), you three would still find fault.

Posted by Rita Sanders, a resident of Blackhawk
on Feb 6, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Progressive means big gov socialist.

Posted by Rick Pshaw, a resident of Danville
on Feb 7, 2014 at 8:48 am

@derek

So now we are comparing MDS with Jesus?

Bit of a stretch, mebbe?

Posted by Derek, a resident of Danville
on Feb 7, 2014 at 10:47 am

Uh, no Ricky, we're not. There are some adult night schools offering remedial English comprehension classes, and most of them are free. Might be a good investment of your time.
And Rita, as for your own issues, perhaps you should crack open Mr. Webster once in a while and see what words like "liberal" and "progressive" actually translate to in non-Fox speak.

Posted by Rufous, a resident of Alamo
on Feb 9, 2014 at 9:47 am

Endorsements primarily coming from this website in the form of continuous articles keeping his name in the "news" daily. this is just another form of propaganda.

Posted by disgusted, a resident of Danville
on Feb 14, 2014 at 8:43 am

Developer Robert Storer endorses Mark DeSaulnier? Yet another reason not to vote that self-serving hothead into office in Danville if he runs in November 2014. He was appointed to Town Council and never has actually been voted in by the people.

You can thank DeSaulnier for forcing small towns like Danville to accept more and more High-density housing so that he can achieve his personal social reengineering. You can thank Storer for willingly accepting as much as the DeSaulniers want.

The vast majority of us worked our tails off to be able to afford to live here and not in one of the neighboring communities. DeSaulnier's and Storer's mottoes are "you exist, therefore you should be able to live wherever you want: Orinda, Ross, Piedmont, Danville, you name it! We will force towns like those to build cheap housing for you. " Meanwhile, Storer builds the stuff and makes out like a bandit.

Posted by C. R. Mudgeon, a resident of Danville
on Feb 14, 2014 at 3:09 pm

You're right, Derek. I DO agree with the opinions expressed in the Debra Saunders column you linked. (As an aside, I recommend her columns in general.)

Just because I oppose most of DeSaulnier's positions, doesn't mean he is wrong 100% of the time. In his role as head of the commission that is investigating the "Bay Bridge bolts" fiasco, it is good that he is asking at least some of the right questions.

On the other hand, I also note Saunder's other comments in the same column, in which she predicted that nothing will come from the commission's work (and that no one will be fired, for example). So while Saunders quoted DeSaulnier, she is also convinced that it is all talk, and no action. Others who are less polite might even say that it was a sham, for appearances only. In any case, I don't view the Bay Bridge issue as being particularly political in nature. Wanting to get to the bottom of incompetence, or whatever else contributed to the problems, hardly seems like a "liberal vs. conservative", or "Democrat vs. Republican" issue...

As for Jesus' political affiliations, I wouldn't be too sure that you (Derek) know what they would be. Actually, my own personal opinion on this particular bit of speculation is that he'd probably be an "Independent".... I also doubt that Jesus would run for political office. That's also just my personal belief, of course, but I believe it can be supported by various scriptural references. That said, I suppose it is only natural for Christians to believe that their own positions are basically in line with, or at least not in opposition to, Jesus' teachings (regardless of political persuasion).

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.