No fireworks in San Ramon for 2014 Independence Day

Original post made on Feb 14, 2014

Plans to bring fireworks back to San Ramon for the Fourth of July were shot down by the city's Parks & Community Services Commission on Wednesday night.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, February 13, 2014, 6:05 PM

Posted by Jason , a resident of Danville
on Feb 14, 2014 at 8:12 am

Get it together and figure it out! Shame on all of you for not bringing the fireworks back.

Posted by Mom of 3, a resident of Danville
on Feb 14, 2014 at 8:39 am

How many of these people who oppose the fireworks display are U.S. citizens and how many are here on visas? Farrakh Khodadadi gives me pause... I wonder if he understands the value of our 4th of July celebration. It certainly doesn't appear so.

Posted by Jason K, a resident of Danville
on Feb 14, 2014 at 9:54 am

"Mom of 3" sure seems to be reading a lot into a name and making ugly assumptions. I hope that she is not passing her bigotry along to her three children...

BTW: I too want the fireworks back and it seems a shame that they cannot figure it out.

Posted by Zeena Foabe, a resident of Danville
on Feb 14, 2014 at 11:18 am

Close the southern border! And by that I mean the one with San Ramon -- no more parade for you, buncha 'moaners.

Posted by Dave, a resident of Danville
on Feb 14, 2014 at 11:24 am

Nothing says "American values" like explosions and bigotry...

Posted by MJ, a resident of San Ramon
on Feb 14, 2014 at 2:28 pm

I supported fire works when San Ramon was 'flush' with money. But we are not yet back to that fiscal level, so I would rather see our tax dollars spent for activities that benefit San Ramon property tax payers. And I was born in USA and consider myself patiotic, even supporting Mt Vernon and Williamsburg Foundations every year.

Posted by Xin Han, a resident of Blackhawk
on Feb 14, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Good move, fireworks $$ will be well spent elsewhere. Invest in education, communities, social support, parks, police, teachers, firemen ...

Thanks for listening.

Xin Han from beautiful Blackhawk

Posted by Debora, a resident of San Ramon
on Feb 18, 2014 at 10:08 am

I am so thankful that we came to San Ramon 31 years ago and were able to share in the once traditional July 4th Celebration with our 3 sons growing up. It was such a joy walking and riding our bikes with our family and neighbors to see the show of a lifetime as my boys would say. We all looked forward to a safe and sane event. So sad that a few who really do not get this joy of community have to ruin it for the future families of San Ramon. Having great parks, libraries, etc. Are important but nothing is more important than precious time with your family on a blanket at the park celebrating our freedom and history.

Posted by cardinal, a resident of Diablo
on Feb 18, 2014 at 10:30 am

Someone will no doubt take exception, but I will always carry the fun memory of watching the 'works from the slope above the park, along a golf hole with my family and many other folks. The sprinklers around the seating area went-off one-by-one to discourage us patriots, but we brought a five-gallon bucket that fit neatly, upside-down over the sprinkler heads. My daughter and I would race around and blunt each attack as it commenced. Much hilarity, good cheer and bombs-bursting-in-air ensued.

Those were the days ...

Posted by PSMacintosh, a resident of Danville
on Feb 18, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Oh, good! More money for union employees and their pension plans!

Less money wasted on actual citizen benefits and services.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.