Four candidates in San Ramon Valley school board race so far

Original post made on Jul 25, 2014

The San Ramon Valley Unified School District has three Board of Education seats up for election this fall and so far four people have taken the first step toward entering the race.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, July 24, 2014, 5:21 PM

Posted by Really???
on Jul 25, 2014 at 6:43 am

It's time for some of these people to leave... We need fresh ideas from new people. ...not that I'm not grateful for their service, but it's time to get some new people in there!

Posted by Happy parent
on Jul 25, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Why??? Change for the sake of change isn't always a good idea.

Posted by Resident
on Jul 25, 2014 at 8:06 pm

If you have someone at work that is doing a good job do you say let's get rid of them and "get some one new with fresh ideas".
School issues are complex and fresh ideas aren't always good ideas.

Posted by Jerome C. Pandell
a resident of Blackhawk
on Jul 28, 2014 at 9:28 am

Thank you, everyone, for your commentary.

To me, institutions often benefit from people with new and different experience, which is what I bring to the table as a candidate for trustee.

In addition to being raised in Danville and attending San Ramon Valley schools, I now work in Walnut Creek as a construction attorney, representing small businesses engaged in architecture, engineering, and construction management. In that role, I've litigated dozens of cases involving school bonds and spending, and though our district's spending of bond dollars has proven very strategic and responsible, I believe someone with the knowledge of how that spending can go awry belongs on our school board.

When not practicing law, I serve on the U.C. Hastings College of the Law Board of Governors, a position to which I was appointed by the chancellor and dean of the law school. The role of the Board of Governors is to raise money for the law school and scholarships, and, in that capacity, I've personally raised almost $50,000.00 since 2013. Additionally, I serve on the Northwestern University Leadership Circle Board of Directors, raising more than $125,000.00 that directly benefits students and faculty at my alma mater. I hope to bring these same skill sets to my role as a trustee and advocate for our schools on the S.R.V.U.S.D. Board of Education.

Please feel free to learn more about my candidacy at www.jeromepandell.com and on Facebook.com at www.facebook.com/VoteJerome -- I look forward to hearing from all of you about what we can do to maintain our schools' traditions of excellence as well as where there's room to improve!

Posted by Rick Pshaw
on Jul 29, 2014 at 7:54 am

Just read Pandell's endorsement by the INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS LOCAL UNION NO. 302.

That's all I need to know.

Posted by Jerome C. Pandell
on Jul 31, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Jerome C. Pandell is a registered user.

Rick, Thanks for your comment.

Did you know that there are many San Ramon Valley Unified School District graduates who are members of IBEW Local 302, as well as a wide variety of other trades unions here in Contra Costa County?

I seek support of all people with an interest in making our schools better -- for teachers, students, and their parents and families. Naturally, that includes the many working families in our district as well.

Feel free to discuss this with me further by emailing JCP4SRV@gmail.com -- my door always remains open!

Posted by Rick Pshaw
on Aug 3, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Dear Mr. Pandell,

I was not surprised that you totally missed the meaning of my post. Try reading it the other way and load it with plenty of sarcasm.

Posted by !
on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:13 am

Ever hear of "term limits?" Think about what would happen if we left Obama in office for longer than two terms?

Posted by Local
on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:15 am

Pandell is bought and paid for by the unions. Good to know!

Posted by !!!
on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:18 am

Term limits is how we got the Ca state legislature. That's not working out so well.