Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jul 25, 2007
Chris Kember, in his guest article for the Danville Weekly, justified incorporation of Alamo in overview but did not discuss the issues of formation of a government and the strength of community voice in that government. CCC LAFCO as the incorporation authority does not allow formation of government under citizens' oversight or with limitations of the authority of the city council. The allowable form of incorporation is an unplanned city and all definition of the city happens after incorporation by a city council with full authority to act without citizens' oversight.
Alamo residents should ask themselves if they would INVEST in any organization that did not have a plan and a defined role and accountability for its leadership. In any establishment of a corporation or institution, we would expect, as shareholders, the following to be in place and in force prior to our investment:
* A charter that states the purpose and goals of the venture.
* A general plan that states the operations, structure, plans, TEAM and pro forma fiscal activities of the venture.
* A summary plan that introduces the venture's operations and planned results in overview to capital sources.
* A formation document that defines the specific incorporation of the venture.
As residents of Alamo, we should expect the same definition and planning to be in place and as part of any vote on incorporation of the City of Alamo. We must provide our preferences for boundaries, zoning, codes, staffing, operations, services and authority of council members in a general plan. Anything less is a blind investment in the good faith of city councils now and into the future.
as a courtesy to Alamo community of neighborhoods
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: *
- San Ramon
- Walnut Creek
- Alamo Elementary School
- Charlotte Wood Middle School
- Del Amigo Continuation High School
- Diablo Vista Middle School
- Green Valley Elementary School
- Greenbrook Elementary School
- John Baldwin Elementary School
- Los Cerros Middle School
- Montair Elementary School
- Monte Vista High School
- Rancho Romero Elementary School
- San Ramon Valley High School
- Stone Valley Middle School
- Sycamore Valley Elementary School
- Tassajara Hills Elementary School
- Venture Independent Study School
- Vista Grande Elementary School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
The valley loses a distinguished and humble leader
By Tim Hunt | 3 comments | 1,485 views
By Roz Rogoff | 7 comments | 1,079 views
Home & Real Estate
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
© 2014 Danville Express
All rights reserved.