http://danvillesanramon.com/square/print/2012/04/10/local-college-student-among-3-charged-with-drug-manufacturing-house-fire-in-chico


Town Square

Local college student among 3 charged with drug manufacturing, house fire in Chico

Original post made on Apr 10, 2012

Three Chico State University students, including a 2008 graduate of Amador Valley High School, were arrested Saturday night after their house caught fire in Chico.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, April 9, 2012, 3:20 PM

Comments

 +   Like this comment
Posted by Pedal Power
a resident of Danville
on Apr 10, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Hash browns anyone? This is NOT why you should teach your kids how to cook, before sending them off to college, but you should do that anyway. And there is still time for those graduating HS this summer. My first attempt at making French fries, in a shared rental house, nearly caught the place on fire and a roommate stunk the place up by burning frozen peas.


 +   Like this comment
Posted by Grateful4
a resident of Danville
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:13 am

Seriously Pedal Power? Cooking hash and burning frozen peas? Minimization isn't proactive. Those same HS seniors coild be reading this article and getting a good laughfrom your contribution, but it's light-heartedness could be fatal to the next person willing to try. I suspect another situation like this isn't far behind.


 +   Like this comment
Posted by spcwt
a resident of Danville
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:29 am

I was a paperboy in Chico back in the 1970's. Sounds like things haven't changed much.


 +   Like this comment
Posted by I am an idiot
a resident of Diablo
on Apr 14, 2012 at 8:26 am

I agree with pedal power, completely. You should always teach your kids how to cook with electric AND gas flames. Simply irresponsible of the parents, in this case. Those mischievous children should also have been taught to create fire by rubbing two sticks together.
This is outrageous and never should have happened! Oh my!