Town Square

Firefighters sustain heat-related injuries in Alamo house fire response

Original post made on Jun 10, 2014

A two-alarm house fire damaged a vacant home in Alamo and left two firefighters with heat-related injuries Monday afternoon, a San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District spokeswoman said.

This story contains 129 words.

If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.

If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.


Like this comment
Posted by meekaytee
a resident of Blackhawk
on Jun 10, 2014 at 7:58 am

Friends live next door.

Like this comment
Posted by meekaytee
a resident of Blackhawk
on Jun 10, 2014 at 8:04 am

Ok let's try again. This house is next door to my good friends house and they tried hard to hose the fire down that started in a pile of rubbish and dead grass and weeds right next to their fence. The house in question has been an eyesore for years. Fifteen years of living next door to a house that had no garage doors (and nothing they could do about it). Then the house got sold
and the neighbours were so pleased to see it being remodelled, and now this has to happen. They were lucky they did not lose their own premises as it was right next to their fence line.

Like this comment
Posted by Thank You
a resident of Danville
on Jun 10, 2014 at 10:36 am

Thank you SRV fire fighters for doing a great job serving our community, we appreciate you.

Meekaytee- did you see that fire fighters were injured?