What makes a strong community leader? Well, I'm about to find out. As editor of the Danville Express and the San Ramon Express, I am joining 23 others in the [Web Link Leadership San Ramon Valley] class of 2011. The group will meet monthly to cover topics such as a healthy community, education, cultural arts and government, to name a few.
Throughout this process, which culminates with a graduation in June, I will share my experiences with you, the readers and residents of the San Ramon Valley. It is my hope to become even more invested in the community and open the lines of communication between residents and community leaders. I'm sure some good story ideas will come of it, too.
Also joining me in the class of 2011 are:
* Carol Ashburn, Town of Danville
* David Battino, Danville Resident
* Renee Beck, City of San Ramon
* Matthew Carhart, United States Marine Corps
* David Casteel, Town of Danville
* Del Chandler, Leadership Dynamics, Inc.
* Joe Combs, Danville Chamber of Commerce
* Kathleen Costa, Diablo Valley College
* Brooke Dodson, Hill Physician Medical Group
* Nancy Grossman, Chevron Energy Solutions
* Steve Harris, ENGEO
* Gayle Larson, San Ramon Valley Council of PTA's
* Rebecca Livingston, San Ramon Valley Council of PTA's
* Shelly Lewis, East Bay Regional Park District
* Jeremy Mann, Unveiled Ministries, Inc.
* Dimple Marwaha, Trivalley Medical Center, Inc.
* Denise Pangelinan, San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District
* Jennifer Quallick, Office of Supervisor Mary N. Piepho
* Chip Shabazian, Bank of America
* Matthew Stamey, San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District
* Dante Tosetti, Heritage Bank
* Timothy Ulrich, San Ramon Regional Medical Center
* Glenn Umont, Alamo Resident
* Jennifer Vasquez, San Ramon Police Department