Danville businesses are being warned to take extra precautions, following a trio of recent commercial burglaries during evening hours, and police are putting extra attention into the downtown business district.
Recent burglaries took place at the following businesses:
• Lifestyle Chiropractic, 417 Front St., on Friday, Oct. 15;
• Something Old/Something New, 155 Railroad Ave., on Thursday, Oct. 21; and
• Christe James Jewelers, 412 Hartz Ave., on Sunday, Nov. 7.
In each case, burglars broke into the stores and took undisclosed items, said Danville police Lt. Jeff Moule. All three cases remain under investigation.
Danville police say there are things that business owners can do to help minimize the risk of any further commercial burglaries. These include:
• Be sure all doors and windows are locked when closing up.
• If the building has an alarm, always set it before leaving.
• Store items of value in a safe place overnight.
• Understand and maintain all video surveillance systems. Know how to record, save and download videos captured by cameras.
• Periodically update surveillance equipment. Newer equipment has better video resolution and definition to help police identify suspects.
• Be observant, watch for any suspicious individuals in or around the business.
Anyone with further information on these commercial burglaries is asked to contact Detective Ben Alldritt at 314-3700 or email@example.com.