The candidate filing period for the Nov. 4 general election began Monday and continues through Aug. 8, with seats on governing boards for local agencies and special districts set to be contested.
Two Danville Town Council positions are up for grabs. Incumbents Councilwoman Karen Stepper and Mayor Robert Storer have announced their intent to run for re-election.
There are also three open board positions on the San Ramon Valley Unified School District Board of Education, seats currently held by Rachel Hurd, Denise Jennison and Ken Mintz.
Other seats open on governing boards representing the San Ramon Valley include:
* Contra Costa Community College District, Ward 4 -- Board member position currently held by John T. Nejedly
* Contra Costa County Board of Education, Area 4 -- Board member seat currently occupied by Richard Asadoorian
* San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District -- Two director seats are open, currently held by Jennifer G. Price and Glenn Umont
* Central Contra Costa Sanitary District -- Two at-large director spots, currently held by David R. Williams and Michael R. McGill
* Dublin-San Ramon Services District -- Two at-large director positions open, currently held by Dawn Benson and Georgean Vonheeder-Leopold.
* East Bay Regional Park District, Ward 6 -- Director position, currently held by Beverly Lane
* East Bay Municipal Utility District, Ward 2 -- Open director seat currently held by John A. Coleman, who serves all of Danville and a portion of San Ramon
* East Bay Municipal Utility District, Ward 7 -- Director position, which is currently held by Frank Mellon who serves a portion of San Ramon
For more election information, visit the Contra Costa County Registrar of Voters' website.