News

Downed power line causes fire near San Ramon homes

SRVFPD: Flames contained within 30 minutes; fences and shed damaged

A downed power line in San Ramon on Tuesday evening sparked a fire near homes that damaged fences and a shed, according to the San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District.

Fire district officials said crews were dispatched at 6:21 p.m. Tuesday to the intersection of Broadmoor Drive and Bernard Avenue, where there was an electrical issue that caused a structure fire.

The fire, which was fully under control within around 30 minutes, damaged 20 feet of fencing in the backyards of homes and burned a shed, fire district officials said.

PG&E confirmed that it was a downed power line that caused the fire. There were no outages associated with the incident.

PG&E crews completed temporary repairs Tuesday night and work on a new power pole was expected to be completed on Wednesday, according to the utility.

There were no injuries associated with the fire.

PG&E advises residents to keep themselves and others away whenever there is a downed electricity wire, and immediately call 9-1-1.

— Bay City News Service

What is democracy worth to you?
Support local journalism.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Stay informed

Get daily headlines sent straight to your inbox.

Lots of media coverage as Swalwell calls it quits for 2020 presidential bid
By Tim Hunt | 20 comments | 1,090 views

"Better" Dads and "Re-invigorated" Moms: Happier Couples
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 1,086 views