News

Danville police investigate residential burglary

Suspects flee after being interrupted by resident

Danville police are looking for two suspects involved in a Monday afternoon residential burglary, that was interrupted by the homeowner.

Lt. Allan Shields said at 12:36 p.m. officers were called to a home in the 600 block of Alamatos Drive on a report of a residential burglary. The homeowner told police that he arrived home and found a vehicle parked in the driveway with a man in the driver's seat. The vehicle was described as a silver or charcoal Chrysler 300.

As he approached, another man exited the home, pointed a handgun at the victim and then got into the passenger side of the vehicle and fled the scene. Police searched the home but located no other suspects. A single firearm was taken in the burglary, and it is believed to have been the weapon pointed at the victim by the suspect. The suspects are described as two African-American males in their 20s.

The incident remains under investigation. No further information is available at this time.

What is democracy worth to you?
Support local journalism.

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by Herman Glates
on Nov 11, 2015 at 7:49 am

Herman Glates is a registered user.

Riff raff.

I’m so glad I don’t live near the freeway.

3 people like this
Posted by Derek
on Nov 11, 2015 at 3:16 pm

I want to say a special thank you to the homeowner - who either does not own a safe or doesn't use it if he does - for putting another gun in the hands of another criminal. "If the gub'mint takes away our guns, only criminals will have guns". Gee Einstein, I wonder how they get those. And I wonder how many times each day this is repeated across the country.

2 people like this
Posted by Kerri
on Nov 12, 2015 at 6:55 am

The homeowner was robbed & his gun was stolen from his home. He did not put a gun on the street. Thank goodness everyone is okay. Hope they catch the bad guys soon.

Like this comment
Posted by concerned citizen
on Nov 12, 2015 at 1:12 pm

I think the victim found out the hard way that having a gun in the home does not necessarily protect you from crime, at least not burglary. So, it might be true that the person did not actually physically place the gun on the street, it fell into the hands of a criminal. How or where, or if the gun was locked up is not explained. Also, if I knew that I had a gun in my home and I came home and discovered a strange car in my driveway; I think I might want to call the police first. Were the police notified before the resident tried to enter the home?. This victim of the robbery could have gotten shot by the burglar with their own gun. We are assuming that the gun was registered.

2 people like this
Posted by Derek
on Nov 13, 2015 at 11:43 am

You couldn't possibly be more wrong Kerri - he absolutely did put a gun on the street by failing to secure his weapon. The only definition of a "responsible gun owner" is one who owns a large, strong, bolted-to-the-floor safe, and keeps his weapons there when he/she isn't at home.

Like this comment
Posted by concerned citizen
on Nov 13, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Just wanted to say that I liked Derek's latest comment. Unless you know where your gun is all the time and you manage to block access to it to those who would harm someone else or themselves all the time, you cannot really call yourself a "responsible" gun owner. Don't really want to go into all the gun "accidents" that occur on a regular basis with children
across the nation, as they don't pertain to this case.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

All your news. All in one place. Every day.

Alameda County Grand Jury calls out supervisors